Wednesday, July 17, 2013
The Hood River Watershed Group invites the community to learn more about how and why our streams and rivers flow through the Hood River Valley.
Jason McClaughry, Eastern Oregon regional geologist with the Oregon Department of Geology and Mineral Industries, will lead the tour to explore how the basin was formed and view the geologic formations, faults and deposits that shape the area.
This Field Series tour will be held July 20 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The cost is $17; transportation will be provided. Space is limited; register with Community Education at 541-386-2055 or hrcommunityed.org.
For more information contact Megan Saunders with the Hood River Watershed Group at 541-386-6063 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- Summer fun: a look ahead
- Eagle Creek fire flares up
- The Fair has fun for all
- Church News for July 22
- Letters to the Editor for July 22
- 6 to Watch: Engage the city street safety survey
- Groups host July 26 forum on Westside Plan
- Hood River News earns ONPA awards
- Museum Tea was a family affair
- Sports briefs for July 22
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge