Wednesday, July 17, 2013
The Hood River Watershed Group invites the community to learn more about how and why our streams and rivers flow through the Hood River Valley.
Jason McClaughry, Eastern Oregon regional geologist with the Oregon Department of Geology and Mineral Industries, will lead the tour to explore how the basin was formed and view the geologic formations, faults and deposits that shape the area.
This Field Series tour will be held July 20 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The cost is $17; transportation will be provided. Space is limited; register with Community Education at 541-386-2055 or hrcommunityed.org.
For more information contact Megan Saunders with the Hood River Watershed Group at 541-386-6063 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Flags Lowered: Seaside Police Sgt. Jason Goodding
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6