Wednesday, July 17, 2013
The Hood River Watershed Group invites the community to learn more about how and why our streams and rivers flow through the Hood River Valley.
Jason McClaughry, Eastern Oregon regional geologist with the Oregon Department of Geology and Mineral Industries, will lead the tour to explore how the basin was formed and view the geologic formations, faults and deposits that shape the area.
This Field Series tour will be held July 20 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The cost is $17; transportation will be provided. Space is limited; register with Community Education at 541-386-2055 or hrcommunityed.org.
For more information contact Megan Saunders with the Hood River Watershed Group at 541-386-6063 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 23 edition
- Editor’s Notebook: Helping kids be better readers is a SMART move
- Monday in CL: Fire recovery information presented at Port Pavilion
- Thank you, firefighters
- Summer of Smoke
- Foundation gives $50,000 to library for collections, projects
- Another Voice: Finding ‘Best of All Worlds’ in the area of cell tower permit requests
- Hawk Migration Festival Sept. 23
- ‘Rosencrantz and Guildenstern’ Sunday
- Fun, or learning, or both: A week full of local events and activities
"The tangled skirt" opens run at unique venue
Director Judie Hanel presents the Steve Braunstein play “The Tangled Skirt” in an unusual theatrical setting, River Daze Café. Here, Bailey Brice (Bruce Howard) arrives at a small town bus station and has a fateful encounter with Rhonda Claire (Desiree Amyx Mackintosh). Small talk turns into a deadly game of cat and mouse and both seek advantage. The actors present the story as a staged reading in the café, where large windows and street lights lend themselves to the bus station setting, according to Hanel. Performances are 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 28, Saturday, Sept. 30 and Sunday, Oct. 1. (There is no Friday performance.) Tickets available at the door or Waucoma Bookstore: $15 adults, $12 seniors and children under 15. No children under 9. Enlarge