Wednesday, July 17, 2013
The Hood River Watershed Group invites the community to learn more about how and why our streams and rivers flow through the Hood River Valley.
Jason McClaughry, Eastern Oregon regional geologist with the Oregon Department of Geology and Mineral Industries, will lead the tour to explore how the basin was formed and view the geologic formations, faults and deposits that shape the area.
This Field Series tour will be held July 20 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The cost is $17; transportation will be provided. Space is limited; register with Community Education at 541-386-2055 or hrcommunityed.org.
For more information contact Megan Saunders with the Hood River Watershed Group at 541-386-6063 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- ‘Weather Spotters’ training comes to CL
- Service announcement for Nov. 22 edition: Ned Marshall
- Death notices for Nov. 22 edition: Gerald Hopsicker, Nobi Akiyama and Westlake Cannon
- Columbia Gorge Hotel turns on its lights Nov. 25
- Betty and Kenny Short celebrate 65 years
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
Bagpipers perform at Fall Simple Gifts
The Portland Guard pipers prepare and then perform at the Fall Simple Gifts concert at Riverside Church Enlarge