Wednesday, July 17, 2013
The Hood River Watershed Group invites the community to learn more about how and why our streams and rivers flow through the Hood River Valley.
Jason McClaughry, Eastern Oregon regional geologist with the Oregon Department of Geology and Mineral Industries, will lead the tour to explore how the basin was formed and view the geologic formations, faults and deposits that shape the area.
This Field Series tour will be held July 20 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The cost is $17; transportation will be provided. Space is limited; register with Community Education at 541-386-2055 or hrcommunityed.org.
For more information contact Megan Saunders with the Hood River Watershed Group at 541-386-6063 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge