Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Lost Lake Resort and Campground is collaborating with chef Kathryn Yeomans and farmer Roger Konka to launch the first of the “Farm to Lake” dinner series on July 26.
This event is the first of its kind at Lost Lake Resort, which is under new ownership.
Attendees will be treated to a four-course family style “Farmer’s Feast” featuring locally grown and foraged foods from Konka and his family at Springwater Farm. Yeomans complements the farm wares with local farmers’ products to create a menu rich in seasonal bounty. Everything is hand-made from scratch.
The menu is to include an assortment of seasonally inspired hors d’oeuvres, salads, main dishes and desserts.
Musical entertainment will be by Dust & Thirst. All of this will be presented lakeside in an intimate family-style dinner at sunset.
Captured by Porches beer will be served with dinners, in addition to local wines. The brewery is in Scappoose, near the farm. Konka picks up the spent brewery grains to feed to his pigs. These pigs are then featured at the farm dinners.
For details call 541-806-4425 or visit email@example.com.
Tickets are available for $40 per attendee. The event runs from 6-9 p.m. Information on camping and cabin rental can be found at www.lostlake-resort.org.
More like this story
- Two escape from state corrections
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
- City of Hood River: Mayor asks Rep. Walden to ‘join our collective call’ on energy
- Power line fire doused Monday
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge