Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Lost Lake Resort and Campground is collaborating with chef Kathryn Yeomans and farmer Roger Konka to launch the first of the “Farm to Lake” dinner series on July 26.
This event is the first of its kind at Lost Lake Resort, which is under new ownership.
Attendees will be treated to a four-course family style “Farmer’s Feast” featuring locally grown and foraged foods from Konka and his family at Springwater Farm. Yeomans complements the farm wares with local farmers’ products to create a menu rich in seasonal bounty. Everything is hand-made from scratch.
The menu is to include an assortment of seasonally inspired hors d’oeuvres, salads, main dishes and desserts.
Musical entertainment will be by Dust & Thirst. All of this will be presented lakeside in an intimate family-style dinner at sunset.
Captured by Porches beer will be served with dinners, in addition to local wines. The brewery is in Scappoose, near the farm. Konka picks up the spent brewery grains to feed to his pigs. These pigs are then featured at the farm dinners.
For details call 541-806-4425 or visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tickets are available for $40 per attendee. The event runs from 6-9 p.m. Information on camping and cabin rental can be found at www.lostlake-resort.org.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
- Letters to the Editor for July 23
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge