Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Lost Lake Resort and Campground is collaborating with chef Kathryn Yeomans and farmer Roger Konka to launch the first of the “Farm to Lake” dinner series on July 26.
This event is the first of its kind at Lost Lake Resort, which is under new ownership.
Attendees will be treated to a four-course family style “Farmer’s Feast” featuring locally grown and foraged foods from Konka and his family at Springwater Farm. Yeomans complements the farm wares with local farmers’ products to create a menu rich in seasonal bounty. Everything is hand-made from scratch.
The menu is to include an assortment of seasonally inspired hors d’oeuvres, salads, main dishes and desserts.
Musical entertainment will be by Dust & Thirst. All of this will be presented lakeside in an intimate family-style dinner at sunset.
Captured by Porches beer will be served with dinners, in addition to local wines. The brewery is in Scappoose, near the farm. Konka picks up the spent brewery grains to feed to his pigs. These pigs are then featured at the farm dinners.
For details call 541-806-4425 or visit email@example.com.
Tickets are available for $40 per attendee. The event runs from 6-9 p.m. Information on camping and cabin rental can be found at www.lostlake-resort.org.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda