Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Hood River will be host to more than 100 library staff from around the state on Friday.
The annual Oregon Library Association Support Staff Division conference will be at the Best Western Hood River Inn. The conference features continuing education workshops and a keynote address by State Librarian MaryKay Dahlgreen.
All Hood River County Library District locations will be closed on Friday so that staff and the library district board may attend the conference.
The Oregon Library Association is a professional organization of library staff and supporters from around the state. It exists to advance library service through public and professional education and cooperation.
The Support Staff Division of OLA specifically supports the work of libraries’ support staff, who are responsible for many important functions in their organizations. Several Hood River County Library District staff are actively involved in OLA and its divisions.
Well over 100 library staff from around Oregon are anticipated to attend the July 19 conference. It features workshops on customer service, materials archiving and repair, technology, mandatory child abuse reporting, and more.
Dahlgreen’s keynote address will explore where libraries should be going, and whether they’re already there. Hood River County Assistant District Attorney Carrie Rasmussen, HRCLD Operations Assistant Kate Winsor and Library Director Buzzy Nielsen are all participating in or leading workshops at the conference. Waucoma Bookstore will also be on hand.
For details contact the Hood River County Library District at 541-386-2535 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit hoodriverlibrary.org.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge