Wednesday, July 17, 2013
All calls were responded to within the County of Hood River July 8-14.
Driving under the influence of intoxicants:
July 13 — I-84 at milepost 46 — Male arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol and lodged at NORCOR.
Motor vehicle crashes, offenses and impounds:
July 10 — Neal Creek Mill Road, 3100 block — Deputy took information on a vehicle hit-and-run that occurred the previous day. No injuries were reported.
Outstanding warrants, parole, probation or terms violations:
July 8 — Sieverkropp Drive, 900 block — A Hood River resident was arrested on a warrant issued out of the Hood River Circuit Court.
July 9 — I-84 at milepost 64 — Male arrested on four warrants issued out of Washington State.
July 12 — Willow Flat Road, 4400 block — Local resident arrested on a warrant out of Benton County.
Theft or burglary:
July 7 — Wild Dogwood Road, 5200 block — Theft reported.
July 11 — Straight Hill Road, 3700 block — Stolen vehicle recovered in an orchard and returned to its registered owner.
July 8 — I-84 at milepost 46 — Male cited and released for failure to stop and weigh at the Port of Entry in Cascade Locks.
July 11 — Badger Lake — Search and rescue operation conducted on the 497 Trail.
July 11 — Woodworth Drive, 4500 block — Deputy took report of an unknown male throwing a bag of garbage into the East Fork of the Hood River from a bridge.
July 13 — Punch Bowl Falls, Cascade Locks — Deputy responded to a search and rescue call after a male jumped off the falls and injured his back. He was located out of the water and transported to an ambulance at the trailhead, then transported to a Portland area hospital.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 29: Jennifer Ringlbauer and Bertha Gallagher
- Death notices for Oct. 29: Mary Hoyt and Manuel Zamudio
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge