Wednesday, July 17, 2013
All calls were responded to within the County of Hood River July 8-14.
Driving under the influence of intoxicants:
July 13 — I-84 at milepost 46 — Male arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol and lodged at NORCOR.
Motor vehicle crashes, offenses and impounds:
July 10 — Neal Creek Mill Road, 3100 block — Deputy took information on a vehicle hit-and-run that occurred the previous day. No injuries were reported.
Outstanding warrants, parole, probation or terms violations:
July 8 — Sieverkropp Drive, 900 block — A Hood River resident was arrested on a warrant issued out of the Hood River Circuit Court.
July 9 — I-84 at milepost 64 — Male arrested on four warrants issued out of Washington State.
July 12 — Willow Flat Road, 4400 block — Local resident arrested on a warrant out of Benton County.
Theft or burglary:
July 7 — Wild Dogwood Road, 5200 block — Theft reported.
July 11 — Straight Hill Road, 3700 block — Stolen vehicle recovered in an orchard and returned to its registered owner.
July 8 — I-84 at milepost 46 — Male cited and released for failure to stop and weigh at the Port of Entry in Cascade Locks.
July 11 — Badger Lake — Search and rescue operation conducted on the 497 Trail.
July 11 — Woodworth Drive, 4500 block — Deputy took report of an unknown male throwing a bag of garbage into the East Fork of the Hood River from a bridge.
July 13 — Punch Bowl Falls, Cascade Locks — Deputy responded to a search and rescue call after a male jumped off the falls and injured his back. He was located out of the water and transported to an ambulance at the trailhead, then transported to a Portland area hospital.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge