Saturday, July 20, 2013
Hood River Soccer Club’s 13/14 Strikers traveled to Seattle last weekend for the Seattle United Cup at the Starfire Soccer Complex. The boys went 4-0, with all four wins as shut-outs, to claim the Cup in commanding fashion despite playing man-down for part of the tournament due to a questionable red card call. In the championship game against Santos FC Cruziero of Hillsboro, Angel Sonato scored the only goal in the 1-0 win off a free kick from about 40 yards out.
Next up for the team, consisting of players from Hood River, Odell, Parkdale, Pine Grove, White Salmon and Boardman, is the first leg of the NW Champions League in August, where the Strikers will compete against the top six 13/14 teams from Washington. The second leg of the league runs in October.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 16
- Gorge Happiness Month: Mandy Kurfurst uses ‘The Daily Three’ to center herself
- Police Log, Nov. 27 to Dec. 10
- ‘Operation Christmas Child’ sets collection record for 2017 campaign
- FutureBus visits Cascade Locks Elementary
- History Museum of Hood River County hosts open house Saturday
- Pet of the Week: Gus the Yorkie is ‘sweetest in town’
- Kegler's Corner: Rod Pratt Bowls Bigly
- ‘Loving Vincent’ Dec. 20 at CCA
- How to help during the holidays