Saturday, July 20, 2013
Hood River Soccer Club’s 13/14 Strikers traveled to Seattle last weekend for the Seattle United Cup at the Starfire Soccer Complex. The boys went 4-0, with all four wins as shut-outs, to claim the Cup in commanding fashion despite playing man-down for part of the tournament due to a questionable red card call. In the championship game against Santos FC Cruziero of Hillsboro, Angel Sonato scored the only goal in the 1-0 win off a free kick from about 40 yards out.
Next up for the team, consisting of players from Hood River, Odell, Parkdale, Pine Grove, White Salmon and Boardman, is the first leg of the NW Champions League in August, where the Strikers will compete against the top six 13/14 teams from Washington. The second leg of the league runs in October.
More like this story
- Two escape from state corrections
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
- City of Hood River: Mayor asks Rep. Walden to ‘join our collective call’ on energy
- Power line fire doused Monday
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge