Saturday, July 20, 2013
Hood River Soccer Club’s 13/14 Strikers traveled to Seattle last weekend for the Seattle United Cup at the Starfire Soccer Complex. The boys went 4-0, with all four wins as shut-outs, to claim the Cup in commanding fashion despite playing man-down for part of the tournament due to a questionable red card call. In the championship game against Santos FC Cruziero of Hillsboro, Angel Sonato scored the only goal in the 1-0 win off a free kick from about 40 yards out.
Next up for the team, consisting of players from Hood River, Odell, Parkdale, Pine Grove, White Salmon and Boardman, is the first leg of the NW Champions League in August, where the Strikers will compete against the top six 13/14 teams from Washington. The second leg of the league runs in October.
More like this story
- Gorge Independence Day: Your local guide to July 4th
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge