Saturday, July 20, 2013
Hood River Soccer Club’s 13/14 Strikers traveled to Seattle last weekend for the Seattle United Cup at the Starfire Soccer Complex. The boys went 4-0, with all four wins as shut-outs, to claim the Cup in commanding fashion despite playing man-down for part of the tournament due to a questionable red card call. In the championship game against Santos FC Cruziero of Hillsboro, Angel Sonato scored the only goal in the 1-0 win off a free kick from about 40 yards out.
Next up for the team, consisting of players from Hood River, Odell, Parkdale, Pine Grove, White Salmon and Boardman, is the first leg of the NW Champions League in August, where the Strikers will compete against the top six 13/14 teams from Washington. The second leg of the league runs in October.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge