Saturday, July 20, 2013
The first Friends of the Cascade Locks Historical Museum open house and annual meeting will be Tuesday, 7 p.m. at the Historical Museum in Cascade Locks Marine Park. The event is free and open to the public.
There will be a short informational presentation followed by refreshments and socializing on the lawn in front of the museum. The museum will be open and memberships to the Friends can be purchased that evening.
Everyone who purchases a family membership that night will get two free tickets to ride on the Sternwheeler, thanks to the Portland Spirit.
Friends of the Museum was formed to ensure a strong financial future for the museum. Budgetary pressures required the City and Port of Cascade Locks to withdraw financial support. The Friends group seeks to upkeep and improve the Museum and its contents through individual memberships and fundraising.
More like this story
- Cascade Locks brush fire contained
- Lorang Fine Art open house will be Oct. 4
- Body of missing paddle boarder found in Columbia River
- Lummi Totem visits Hood River
- Living with Smoke
- Toward a healthier HRV: Health Center serves students this fall
- CL Port hosts Aug. 29 Bridge of the Gods walk
- Lost hiker, 75, found safe at Laurance Lake
- Brian Stenberg returns to his roots as Horizon’s new A.D.
- In its fifth running, Paddle Challenge is bigger than ever
Helicopter searches for hiker
BLACKHAWK helicopter flies over Mt. Hood National Forest near Laurance Lake on Friday, Aug. 21. The military aircraft was called in to help police seek a missing hiker from The Dalles. Enlarge