Saturday, July 20, 2013
The first Friends of the Cascade Locks Historical Museum open house and annual meeting will be Tuesday, 7 p.m. at the Historical Museum in Cascade Locks Marine Park. The event is free and open to the public.
There will be a short informational presentation followed by refreshments and socializing on the lawn in front of the museum. The museum will be open and memberships to the Friends can be purchased that evening.
Everyone who purchases a family membership that night will get two free tickets to ride on the Sternwheeler, thanks to the Portland Spirit.
Friends of the Museum was formed to ensure a strong financial future for the museum. Budgetary pressures required the City and Port of Cascade Locks to withdraw financial support. The Friends group seeks to upkeep and improve the Museum and its contents through individual memberships and fundraising.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge