Saturday, July 20, 2013
The first Friends of the Cascade Locks Historical Museum open house and annual meeting will be Tuesday, 7 p.m. at the Historical Museum in Cascade Locks Marine Park. The event is free and open to the public.
There will be a short informational presentation followed by refreshments and socializing on the lawn in front of the museum. The museum will be open and memberships to the Friends can be purchased that evening.
Everyone who purchases a family membership that night will get two free tickets to ride on the Sternwheeler, thanks to the Portland Spirit.
Friends of the Museum was formed to ensure a strong financial future for the museum. Budgetary pressures required the City and Port of Cascade Locks to withdraw financial support. The Friends group seeks to upkeep and improve the Museum and its contents through individual memberships and fundraising.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge