Saturday, July 20, 2013
The first Friends of the Cascade Locks Historical Museum open house and annual meeting will be Tuesday, 7 p.m. at the Historical Museum in Cascade Locks Marine Park. The event is free and open to the public.
There will be a short informational presentation followed by refreshments and socializing on the lawn in front of the museum. The museum will be open and memberships to the Friends can be purchased that evening.
Everyone who purchases a family membership that night will get two free tickets to ride on the Sternwheeler, thanks to the Portland Spirit.
Friends of the Museum was formed to ensure a strong financial future for the museum. Budgetary pressures required the City and Port of Cascade Locks to withdraw financial support. The Friends group seeks to upkeep and improve the Museum and its contents through individual memberships and fundraising.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge