Saturday, July 20, 2013
The first Friends of the Cascade Locks Historical Museum open house and annual meeting will be Tuesday, 7 p.m. at the Historical Museum in Cascade Locks Marine Park. The event is free and open to the public.
There will be a short informational presentation followed by refreshments and socializing on the lawn in front of the museum. The museum will be open and memberships to the Friends can be purchased that evening.
Everyone who purchases a family membership that night will get two free tickets to ride on the Sternwheeler, thanks to the Portland Spirit.
Friends of the Museum was formed to ensure a strong financial future for the museum. Budgetary pressures required the City and Port of Cascade Locks to withdraw financial support. The Friends group seeks to upkeep and improve the Museum and its contents through individual memberships and fundraising.
More like this story
- Death notices, Sept. 28: Vera Owen, James Robinson, Clarence Lowell, Scott Burnett and Eva Morales Sanchez
- Service Announcement, Sept. 27: Berna Carter
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge