Saturday, July 20, 2013
The first Friends of the Cascade Locks Historical Museum open house and annual meeting will be Tuesday, 7 p.m. at the Historical Museum in Cascade Locks Marine Park. The event is free and open to the public.
There will be a short informational presentation followed by refreshments and socializing on the lawn in front of the museum. The museum will be open and memberships to the Friends can be purchased that evening.
Everyone who purchases a family membership that night will get two free tickets to ride on the Sternwheeler, thanks to the Portland Spirit.
Friends of the Museum was formed to ensure a strong financial future for the museum. Budgetary pressures required the City and Port of Cascade Locks to withdraw financial support. The Friends group seeks to upkeep and improve the Museum and its contents through individual memberships and fundraising.
More like this story
- Church News: Updated Vacation Bible School list
- Death notices for June 25: Dorothy McPherren and Victoria Long
- Yesteryears: 911 comes to Hood River County in 1986
- Mt. Hood Town Hall Summer BBQ
- Oregon Trail Tea Time
- ‘Art in the Gorge’ show in Hood River July 1-3
- Cascade Observations: Making New Friends, Keeping the Old
- History links Mike’s (30 years) and Tum-A-Lum (110)
- Parkdale mason crafts new ‘masterpiece’ at Cape Horn
- Portland leaders ask governors to ban oil-by-rail
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge