Saturday, July 20, 2013
Hood River wrestlers Max Lane, Jessica DeHart and Payton Riggert returned this week from the annual USA Wrestling Nationals in Fargo, N.D. The three, all Hood River Valley High School wrestling team members, represented the local community and the state as part of the Oregon National Team — Lane at 220 pounds, DeHart at 108 pounds and Riggert at 130 pounds.
Highlighting the trip for the trio was DeHart’s second-place finish in the girls cadet freestyle tournament, where she went 3-1 to finish as runner-up and earn All-American status in the event for the second year in a row; last year she won a national title at the same tournament.
Lane went 1-2 in freestyle and 0-2 in Greco and Riggert went 0-2 in both disciplines for a quick showing in the tournament.
“They didn’t do as well as they would have liked, but they still gained the experience of representing Oregon and their community on the national stage,” said Trent Kroll, HRVHS head coach. “Wrestlers tend to come back with a new swagger after nationals. They come back, set new goals and get ready for November.”
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge