Saturday, July 20, 2013
Where’s Waldo? In Hood River, of course. The famous children’s book character in the striped shirt and black-rimmed specs is visiting 20 different local businesses throughout the community this July.
Those who spot him can win prizes, including stickers, Waldo books and more. Find Waldo is a great summer vacation activity, and a wonderful way for residents to support local business and the Shop Local movement. This event is co-presented by Waucoma Bookstore and Gorge Owned.
Anyone who wishes to participate can pick up a “Find Waldo Local in Hood River!” passport with the names of all the participating sites, and get their passport stamped or signed for each Waldo they spot.
Passports are available at Waucoma Bookstore, 212 Oak St.
The first 100 Waldo seekers to get their passports stamped or signed at 10 or more sites can bring their passports back to Waucoma Bookstore to collect prizes. Collecting store stamps or signatures at 16 or more businesses will entitle diligent seekers to entry in a grand prize drawing July 31, with the top prize being a six-volume deluxe set of Waldo books.
If you spend more than $25 at local businesses in July, you will be entered into a second drawing and could win prizes from participating local businesses. To qualify for the second drawing, fill out the entry form at gorgeowned.org/waldo.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge