Saturday, July 20, 2013
Where’s Waldo? In Hood River, of course. The famous children’s book character in the striped shirt and black-rimmed specs is visiting 20 different local businesses throughout the community this July.
Those who spot him can win prizes, including stickers, Waldo books and more. Find Waldo is a great summer vacation activity, and a wonderful way for residents to support local business and the Shop Local movement. This event is co-presented by Waucoma Bookstore and Gorge Owned.
Anyone who wishes to participate can pick up a “Find Waldo Local in Hood River!” passport with the names of all the participating sites, and get their passport stamped or signed for each Waldo they spot.
Passports are available at Waucoma Bookstore, 212 Oak St.
The first 100 Waldo seekers to get their passports stamped or signed at 10 or more sites can bring their passports back to Waucoma Bookstore to collect prizes. Collecting store stamps or signatures at 16 or more businesses will entitle diligent seekers to entry in a grand prize drawing July 31, with the top prize being a six-volume deluxe set of Waldo books.
If you spend more than $25 at local businesses in July, you will be entered into a second drawing and could win prizes from participating local businesses. To qualify for the second drawing, fill out the entry form at gorgeowned.org/waldo.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge