Saturday, July 20, 2013
Where’s Waldo? In Hood River, of course. The famous children’s book character in the striped shirt and black-rimmed specs is visiting 20 different local businesses throughout the community this July.
Those who spot him can win prizes, including stickers, Waldo books and more. Find Waldo is a great summer vacation activity, and a wonderful way for residents to support local business and the Shop Local movement. This event is co-presented by Waucoma Bookstore and Gorge Owned.
Anyone who wishes to participate can pick up a “Find Waldo Local in Hood River!” passport with the names of all the participating sites, and get their passport stamped or signed for each Waldo they spot.
Passports are available at Waucoma Bookstore, 212 Oak St.
The first 100 Waldo seekers to get their passports stamped or signed at 10 or more sites can bring their passports back to Waucoma Bookstore to collect prizes. Collecting store stamps or signatures at 16 or more businesses will entitle diligent seekers to entry in a grand prize drawing July 31, with the top prize being a six-volume deluxe set of Waldo books.
If you spend more than $25 at local businesses in July, you will be entered into a second drawing and could win prizes from participating local businesses. To qualify for the second drawing, fill out the entry form at gorgeowned.org/waldo.
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control