Wednesday, July 24, 2013
HR Brew Supply adds tap room
Ed Wilder has expanded his Hood River Brewing Supply operation by creating a tap room in the Cascade Avenue storefront.
Wilder, who opened for business in 1996 on the Heights, as been at the Mall 202 location for 12 years.
The tap room opened Wednesday. Wilder does growler fills and is also in the process of installing a bottle shop, once he gets a cooler set up.
Hours are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., with closing times, and days off, adjustable by day and season.
The supply part of Wilder’s business is now located one story below, and is open on a will-call basis, though yeast, regulators and other “go-to stuff” will be kept in the bar.
Wilder will post a “menu” of shop items on a blackboard in the tap room.
Unique regional beers are on tap, including Base Camp cream ale, Deschutes River Ale and Oakshire IPA — along with Rainier.
Wy’East Vineyards opens bocce courts
Wy’East Vineyards has opened two bocce courts next to its tasting room at 3189 Highway 35, Hood River.
Each court is 72 feet by 12 feet and finished with a quality oyster shell surface.
Bocce belongs to the boules sports family, related to bowls and petanque. The name bocce comes from the Latin word bottia, meaning boss.
The facility is free for use by customers, and includes a shaded pergola.
More like this story
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
- Church News: Concert at Tucker Rd. Baptist Sunday
- Odell Creek restoration presentation
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge