Wednesday, July 24, 2013
HR Brew Supply adds tap room
Ed Wilder has expanded his Hood River Brewing Supply operation by creating a tap room in the Cascade Avenue storefront.
Wilder, who opened for business in 1996 on the Heights, as been at the Mall 202 location for 12 years.
The tap room opened Wednesday. Wilder does growler fills and is also in the process of installing a bottle shop, once he gets a cooler set up.
Hours are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., with closing times, and days off, adjustable by day and season.
The supply part of Wilder’s business is now located one story below, and is open on a will-call basis, though yeast, regulators and other “go-to stuff” will be kept in the bar.
Wilder will post a “menu” of shop items on a blackboard in the tap room.
Unique regional beers are on tap, including Base Camp cream ale, Deschutes River Ale and Oakshire IPA — along with Rainier.
Wy’East Vineyards opens bocce courts
Wy’East Vineyards has opened two bocce courts next to its tasting room at 3189 Highway 35, Hood River.
Each court is 72 feet by 12 feet and finished with a quality oyster shell surface.
Bocce belongs to the boules sports family, related to bowls and petanque. The name bocce comes from the Latin word bottia, meaning boss.
The facility is free for use by customers, and includes a shaded pergola.
More like this story
- Fun at the CGWA Beach Bash
- Yesteryears: Summer heatwave hits valley in 1936
- Roots and Branches: Grandkids, softball, memories
- ‘Before I Die’ encourages reflection
- Color Run for Haiti
- Keep fireworks legal, and safe
- Letters to the Editor for June 29
- ‘Weed of the Month for June’ is the invasive Scotch broom
- Pet of the Week: Jack is ‘full of energy and fun’
- Fire season is here: enjoy yourself, safely and legally
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge