Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Kristen Hannifan and Trent Holcomb, both of Nampa, Idaho, were married May 4, 2013, in the Gorge Room at the Best Western Hood River Inn. The Rev. Gary Young officiated.
The honor attendant was Heather Geraci, sister of the bride. Best man was Anthony Holcomb, brother of the groom. Vanessa Geraci, niece of the bride, was flower girl.
The bride is the daughter of Kathy and Mike Hannifan, of Hood River. She is a 2000 graduate of Hood River Valley High School and graduated from Idaho State University in 2012. She is currently employed as a speech language pathologist at STARS Pediatrics and Jump Start.
The groom is the son of Lori and Kent Holcomb, of Nyssa, Idaho. He is a 2004 graduate of Nyssa High School and graduated in 2008 from Eastern Oregon University. He is currently employed as chief chemist for the Amalgamated Sugar Company.
The newlyweds will continue to live in Nampa, Idaho.
More like this story
- Boys soccer goes on the road and ties Hermiston
- Sports briefs for Oct. 21
- Kegler's Corner: Buck and Miller Shine
- Taste of Tsuruta benefit dinner Nov. 4 at Mt. Hood Winery
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner Oct. 21
- Mosier Senior Center hosts Harvest Fair
- Blacksmith Bob Denman at District Garden Club meeting Oct. 28
- ‘Gen Silent’ film, workshop on Oct. 25
- ‘Gender, Dignity and Freedom’ Oct. 24: Gender identity panel
- Sheriff Log, Oct. 8 to 14
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge