Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Kristen Hannifan and Trent Holcomb, both of Nampa, Idaho, were married May 4, 2013, in the Gorge Room at the Best Western Hood River Inn. The Rev. Gary Young officiated.
The honor attendant was Heather Geraci, sister of the bride. Best man was Anthony Holcomb, brother of the groom. Vanessa Geraci, niece of the bride, was flower girl.
The bride is the daughter of Kathy and Mike Hannifan, of Hood River. She is a 2000 graduate of Hood River Valley High School and graduated from Idaho State University in 2012. She is currently employed as a speech language pathologist at STARS Pediatrics and Jump Start.
The groom is the son of Lori and Kent Holcomb, of Nyssa, Idaho. He is a 2004 graduate of Nyssa High School and graduated in 2008 from Eastern Oregon University. He is currently employed as chief chemist for the Amalgamated Sugar Company.
The newlyweds will continue to live in Nampa, Idaho.
More like this story
- Service announcement for April 30: Linda Miller
- Hood River County Reads celebrates its 10th anniversary — 11 years in
- Little free library idea
- Art of Community adds Soderberg-Greene work
- Bike Buddies reports successful weekend event
- Lion King Jr. comes to Wy'east Middle School
- YESTERYEARS: New skate park in planning stages in 1996
- Aubree Olmstead heads Columbia Basin facility
- Heart of Hospice notes Volunteer Appreciation Week
- County sets temporary rules on marijuana grows
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge