Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Hawks Ridge Assisted Living Community is working on a new special program: Senior Wish Project will grant members of the senior community “special wishes,” such as reliving a childhood memory, an afternoon at a favorite fishing hole or a glider ride through the Gorge.
To grant these wishes, Hawks Ridge will host a Country Fair on Aug. 16 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the facility on 1795 Eighth St.
The day will be filled with carnival games for the kids, a barbecue and bake sale, and a silent auction. All proceeds will benefit the Senior Wish Project.
Hawks Ridge is seeking business contributions for the silent auction and barbecue, and volunteers to run booths and activities.
Contributing businesses will be included in all advertising and promotional material, and will be mentioned on the radio, which will broadcast live from the event.
Ways to help include:
n Boxes of fruit (apples, pears, cherries or peaches)
n Items or gift certificates
n Volunteer musicians and performers
n Physicians to give free health screenings in one-hour slots
n Food items for the barbecue: hamburgers and hot dogs, buns, soda, bottled water, paper plates, napkins and plastic forks
For more information, contact Kelly at 541-387-4087 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge