Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Hawks Ridge Assisted Living Community is working on a new special program: Senior Wish Project will grant members of the senior community “special wishes,” such as reliving a childhood memory, an afternoon at a favorite fishing hole or a glider ride through the Gorge.
To grant these wishes, Hawks Ridge will host a Country Fair on Aug. 16 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the facility on 1795 Eighth St.
The day will be filled with carnival games for the kids, a barbecue and bake sale, and a silent auction. All proceeds will benefit the Senior Wish Project.
Hawks Ridge is seeking business contributions for the silent auction and barbecue, and volunteers to run booths and activities.
Contributing businesses will be included in all advertising and promotional material, and will be mentioned on the radio, which will broadcast live from the event.
Ways to help include:
n Boxes of fruit (apples, pears, cherries or peaches)
n Items or gift certificates
n Volunteer musicians and performers
n Physicians to give free health screenings in one-hour slots
n Food items for the barbecue: hamburgers and hot dogs, buns, soda, bottled water, paper plates, napkins and plastic forks
For more information, contact Kelly at 541-387-4087 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge