Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Horizon Christian School teacher Faith Kempf will start work in the fall in an expanded role: secondary principal at the Hood River private school.
Kempf has been teaching for 22 years, with 12 of those years at Horizon Christian School. She has a bachelor’s degree in general biology from Washington State University and a Washington Teaching Endorsement – all sciences.
“We looked far and wide,” said Supt. Ken Block, “and then realized we had God’s person for the job right here in our midst. Faith has demonstrated her leadership and team-building skills over and over. That, along with her love for the students and passion for education, make her the right person for the job.”
During her time as a teacher Kempf has led the way in several innovative programs that are designed to take advantage of the flexibility that a smaller school environment allows. The result is a more individualized approach to education that better meets the needs of each student. She is also trained to administrate advanced placement programs in schools and coordinates AP classes at Horizon.
“We believe that Faith is well qualified to take Horizon to that next level of excellence with her knowledge of the school, strong team skills, and a wonderful heart for the students and the Lord,” noted board chair Don Hoffman. “Faith will be building on what is already in place, fine-tuning our strengths and making those improvements that will result in a truly fine Christian school in the Columbia Gorge area.”
Kempf and her husband, Ray, have three children. They attend Grace Baptist in White Salmon where they are involved in discipleship and outreach. Her other interests include reading, gardening and raising chickens and peacocks.
Horizon Christian is an inter-denominational school, regionally accredited by the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools, educating more than 200 students in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge