Wednesday, July 24, 2013
The Hood River County Library will hold a Teen Scavenger Hunt July 26 at 2 p.m. Teens are invited to play alone, or with three other friends to solve riddles and discover unique items in downtown Hood River to score points.
The teams will have two hours to discover as many items on the list as possible. Make sure to snap a photo as evidence of your discovery. Participants will meet back at the library for prize hand-outs and snacks.
The winning team or individual will receive movie passes to Hood River Cinemas.
The event is free and open to the public.
For more information contact the Hood River County Library District at 541-386-2535 or email@example.com or visit hoodriverlibrary.org.
Teen Summer Reading program provides a wide range of activities for teenagers.
Upcoming events include Game On: Mine Craft on Thursday at 2 p.m. at Hood River Library, and on July 30 at 5 p.m. at Cascade Locks Library.
Parkdale Library hosts Friday Funday all summer through Aug. 31, 3:30 to 5 p.m.
Also at the Hood River branch, MineCraft play returns on Aug. 8, and the Library Lock-In will be Aug. 17-18, 7 p.m. to 7 a.m.
Anyone can drop in at any event, except for the Lock-In: registration is required.
Call the district at 541-386-2535 for details.
More like this story
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge