Wednesday, July 24, 2013
The Gorge Technology Alliance is hosting two more robotics trainings this summer: July 20 at Columbia Gorge Community College in The Dalles and July 27 at Bambinos in Hood River.
These fun one-day workshops for students ages 9-14 will provide hands-on programming experience and challenges on the Mindstorm LEGO NXT robots used in the FIRST LEGO League competitions.
Trainings are from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Each is $10 and includes lunch; scholarships are available if needed. Pre-registration is required and each event will be limited to 20 students. Parents are encouraged to attend to learn this fun activity with their student(s).
The events were made possible by a Google Community Grant. More information and the registration form can be found at GorgeRobotics.org.
The Gorge Technology Alliance is a nonprofit professional organization that supports, connects and develops the technology community of the Columbia River Gorge. From networking events to youth robotics events, the GTA supports the tech businesses in the region.
Register for the training or learn more at GorgeRobotics.org or by contacting Jessica Metta, GTA executive director, at 541-296-2266.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events