Saturday, July 27, 2013
Hood River’s Pete Hixon put together a three-day total of 225 to win the annual Indian Creek Men’s Golf Association’s annual club championship last week. Hixon put together three very consistant rounds — 72, 77 and 76 — for the win. The tournament’s Senior (over 55) champion honors went to defending champion Mark Mason, who logged a three-round total of 238. Super Senior (over 65) champion Ross Kitt also defended his title from last year with a 251 total.
Other highlights from the tourney are as follows:
- The low round of day three went to Kent Shelley, who shot a 74. The same day, Paul Dezurick claimed the only two-stroke of the tournament with an eagle on the first hole as he holed-out from 180 yards out with a five-wood.
- A flight highlights: 1st: Tyson Jacobs, 234; 2nd: Yoyo Cervantes, 238; 3rd: Jake Morgan, 239; 4th: Kent Shelley, 243; Low net: Tyler Freas, 223
- B Flight highlights: 1st: Jim Slusher, 240; 2nd: Gene Aslin, 254; 3rd: Scott Linden, 258; 4th: Kelly Yackley, 259; Low net: Bill Morrissey, 223
- C Flight highlights: Randy Yoshimura, 263; 2nd: Dan Nielson, 267; 3rd: Brian Fallow, 277; 4th: Dan McConnell, 279; Low net: Mark Schmidt, 221
The ICMGA’s next event is two-man tournament Aug. 10-11, with the first day a scramble on the front nine and the second a Chapman format on the back. The Fall Handicap tourney is set for Sept. 14-15.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge