Saturday, July 27, 2013
Aug. 12-15, Monday through Thursday, immerse your child in the music of Africa, with four fun-filled days of marimba, drumming, dance, singing and outdoor games. This is a unique opportunity to learn African music from native African teachers, with lots of fun, energetic activities.
Camp Musango will be directed by Karin Tauscher, local marimba teacher and performer, and taught by visiting Zimbabwean musicians Jacob Mafuleni and Martha Thom. Mafuleni and Thom have been teaching classes and summer music camps in Colorado, Washington and Oregon for the past several years, and are engaging and inspiring teachers.
Camp will be divided into two sessions, according to age:
n 8-11-year-olds will meet in the mornings, 9:30-noon.
n 12-15-year-olds will meet in the afternoons, 1-3:30.
Tuition is $115.
Mafuleni and Thom will also be offering some classes for adults and teens:
n African Choral Singing, Monday, Aug. 12, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
n African Dance, Wednesday, Aug. 14, 7-8:30 p.m.
These classes are offered on a sliding scale, $15-$35.
To register, contact Tauscher at email@example.com or 541-490-0140.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events