Saturday, July 27, 2013
Aug. 12-15, Monday through Thursday, immerse your child in the music of Africa, with four fun-filled days of marimba, drumming, dance, singing and outdoor games. This is a unique opportunity to learn African music from native African teachers, with lots of fun, energetic activities.
Camp Musango will be directed by Karin Tauscher, local marimba teacher and performer, and taught by visiting Zimbabwean musicians Jacob Mafuleni and Martha Thom. Mafuleni and Thom have been teaching classes and summer music camps in Colorado, Washington and Oregon for the past several years, and are engaging and inspiring teachers.
Camp will be divided into two sessions, according to age:
n 8-11-year-olds will meet in the mornings, 9:30-noon.
n 12-15-year-olds will meet in the afternoons, 1-3:30.
Tuition is $115.
Mafuleni and Thom will also be offering some classes for adults and teens:
n African Choral Singing, Monday, Aug. 12, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
n African Dance, Wednesday, Aug. 14, 7-8:30 p.m.
These classes are offered on a sliding scale, $15-$35.
To register, contact Tauscher at email@example.com or 541-490-0140.
More like this story
- Peters and Lassila engaged
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge