Saturday, July 27, 2013
Aug. 12-15, Monday through Thursday, immerse your child in the music of Africa, with four fun-filled days of marimba, drumming, dance, singing and outdoor games. This is a unique opportunity to learn African music from native African teachers, with lots of fun, energetic activities.
Camp Musango will be directed by Karin Tauscher, local marimba teacher and performer, and taught by visiting Zimbabwean musicians Jacob Mafuleni and Martha Thom. Mafuleni and Thom have been teaching classes and summer music camps in Colorado, Washington and Oregon for the past several years, and are engaging and inspiring teachers.
Camp will be divided into two sessions, according to age:
n 8-11-year-olds will meet in the mornings, 9:30-noon.
n 12-15-year-olds will meet in the afternoons, 1-3:30.
Tuition is $115.
Mafuleni and Thom will also be offering some classes for adults and teens:
n African Choral Singing, Monday, Aug. 12, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
n African Dance, Wednesday, Aug. 14, 7-8:30 p.m.
These classes are offered on a sliding scale, $15-$35.
To register, contact Tauscher at email@example.com or 541-490-0140.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge