Saturday, July 27, 2013
The Juicy Blue blueberry farm opened in July, with a new name and new owners.
Stephanie Pate and her husband, Ben, run the farm with help from their son, Elijah, and daughter Faith. They purchased the established farm from Lila Munoz in June.
The U-pick operation is located on 1206 Methodist Drive, near Multnomah Drive, and is open daily, 9 a.m. to dusk. Buckets and bags are provided.
Juicy Blue has early and late season plants so berries will be available through mid August.
Juicy Blue also has rows of currants and a berry named haskap that is higher in antioxidants than blueberries. Both are available in May and June.
The Pates also offer table grapes for u-pick, available in mid-August, and plan to add u-pick flowers and plums in future years.
Stephanie is also self-employed as a translator, and Ben works as a physician’s assistant.
More like this story
- HRV grad and track athlete Parker Kennedy recovering from freak javelin accident at USATF meet in Beaverton
- BOTG local sticker effective Friday
- Police report burglaries
- Hood River Death Café meets July 9
- Windermere holds annual food drive
- Fresh Start begins class series for home cooks
- Beauchamps celebrate 58th anniversary
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge