Saturday, July 27, 2013
The Juicy Blue blueberry farm opened in July, with a new name and new owners.
Stephanie Pate and her husband, Ben, run the farm with help from their son, Elijah, and daughter Faith. They purchased the established farm from Lila Munoz in June.
The U-pick operation is located on 1206 Methodist Drive, near Multnomah Drive, and is open daily, 9 a.m. to dusk. Buckets and bags are provided.
Juicy Blue has early and late season plants so berries will be available through mid August.
Juicy Blue also has rows of currants and a berry named haskap that is higher in antioxidants than blueberries. Both are available in May and June.
The Pates also offer table grapes for u-pick, available in mid-August, and plan to add u-pick flowers and plums in future years.
Stephanie is also self-employed as a translator, and Ben works as a physician’s assistant.
More like this story
- Fireworks: ‘Keep it safe, keep it legal’
- Youth mobile nutrition program returns at two Hood River locations
- County board slates $200K in Windmaster Plan for Airport
- ‘Stick to the Westside plan’
- Letters to the Editor for June 28
- Math in a Basket: a second grade teacher sees the connections
- Public Records: Building Records
- Find Your Park
- YESTERYEARS ‘Capacity crowd’ fills Hood River High School auditorium for Flag Day in 1947
- HRVST Osprey swimmers post state-qualifying times at Howard Jones invitationals in Gresham
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge