Saturday, July 27, 2013
The Juicy Blue blueberry farm opened in July, with a new name and new owners.
Stephanie Pate and her husband, Ben, run the farm with help from their son, Elijah, and daughter Faith. They purchased the established farm from Lila Munoz in June.
The U-pick operation is located on 1206 Methodist Drive, near Multnomah Drive, and is open daily, 9 a.m. to dusk. Buckets and bags are provided.
Juicy Blue has early and late season plants so berries will be available through mid August.
Juicy Blue also has rows of currants and a berry named haskap that is higher in antioxidants than blueberries. Both are available in May and June.
The Pates also offer table grapes for u-pick, available in mid-August, and plan to add u-pick flowers and plums in future years.
Stephanie is also self-employed as a translator, and Ben works as a physician’s assistant.
More like this story
- Service Announcement for Oct. 26: Vernon Picking
- Death Notices for Oct. 26: Mary Stinson, Wilma Bolton, Kathleen Coffey, Thomas Pierce and Evelyn Helseth
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge