Saturday, July 27, 2013
The Juicy Blue blueberry farm opened in July, with a new name and new owners.
Stephanie Pate and her husband, Ben, run the farm with help from their son, Elijah, and daughter Faith. They purchased the established farm from Lila Munoz in June.
The U-pick operation is located on 1206 Methodist Drive, near Multnomah Drive, and is open daily, 9 a.m. to dusk. Buckets and bags are provided.
Juicy Blue has early and late season plants so berries will be available through mid August.
Juicy Blue also has rows of currants and a berry named haskap that is higher in antioxidants than blueberries. Both are available in May and June.
The Pates also offer table grapes for u-pick, available in mid-August, and plan to add u-pick flowers and plums in future years.
Stephanie is also self-employed as a translator, and Ben works as a physician’s assistant.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge