Saturday, July 27, 2013
True family fun, Hood River style, returns Aug. 1 to Jackson Park with the annual “Families in the Park” series of free concerts.
Bring a picnic or purchase food from Eyeopener Lions or other vendors, and enjoy music and dancing on the big lawn.
(Bring blankets and low-profile chairs, and a layer or two of clothing as the temperatures do cool once the sun goes down. Music, starting with a local warm-up act, followed by the headliner, usually runs from 7 to 9 p.m.)
Kid-friendly activities are usually part of the fun, and dancing is encouraged.
On Aug. 1, enjoy the seven-piece Jacob Merlin Band. Opener will be the local rock act Walter and the Conquerors.
Eyeopener Lions Club will be serving fajitas to raise money for fireworks/activities.
The Aug. 8 concert will be Petty Fever (Tom Petty tribute), with local rockers Toy Gun Conspiracy opening.
Also, Movies in the Park in Hood River starts again Aug. 3 after a one-week hiatus for County Fair.
n Cascade Locks continues its Movies in the Park series Friday, July 26, at dusk, with the G-rated “Homeward Bound.”
n Hood River Movies in the Park, Saturdays in Jackson Park, is presented by Hood River County Community Education and Hood River Parks and Recreation. The event is sponsored by G. Williker’s Toy Shoppe, Gorge Dental, Griffith Motors, Cascade Pet Camp, Papa Murphy’s Take N’ Bake Pizza, and Hood River County Commission on Children and Families.
Next week’s Hood River screening will be “Hachi: A Dog’s Tale” (93 minutes, rated PG).
The Aug. 10 show will be “Rango” (107 minutes, rated PG).
More like this story
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
- HAHRC BEATS: Preventing type 2 diabetes begins with changes
- US Postal Service debuts Alzheimer’s fundraising stamp
- Oregon State Parks celebrate ‘Green Friday’
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 18
- Kegler's Corner: Randy’s Painting Tops Industrial
Blasting on I84
Blasting on I84 Enlarge