Saturday, July 27, 2013
Wy’east needs volleyball coaches
Wy’east Middle School’s 2013 volleyball season is in jeopardy. Hood River County Community Education, which facilitates the middle school program, says that if it can’t recruit coaches for the school’s seventh- and eighth-grade teams, it will have to cancel the season. Coaching is all-volunteer and runs from Sept. 9 to Oct. 22 with practices five days a week after school.
To inquire, contact HRCCE at 541-386-2055 as soon as possible.
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest this weekend
Dubbed the longest-running amateur kiteboarding contest in the country, the 13th-annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest is set for July 27-28 at the Stevenson Marina. The amateur division will run July 27 and the pro division July 28, with start times depending on wind conditions.
Also part of the action this year is an Aug. 3 blowout race from Stevenson to Hood River. For registration info and additional details, see www.botgkitefest.com.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge