Saturday, July 27, 2013
Wy’east needs volleyball coaches
Wy’east Middle School’s 2013 volleyball season is in jeopardy. Hood River County Community Education, which facilitates the middle school program, says that if it can’t recruit coaches for the school’s seventh- and eighth-grade teams, it will have to cancel the season. Coaching is all-volunteer and runs from Sept. 9 to Oct. 22 with practices five days a week after school.
To inquire, contact HRCCE at 541-386-2055 as soon as possible.
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest this weekend
Dubbed the longest-running amateur kiteboarding contest in the country, the 13th-annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest is set for July 27-28 at the Stevenson Marina. The amateur division will run July 27 and the pro division July 28, with start times depending on wind conditions.
Also part of the action this year is an Aug. 3 blowout race from Stevenson to Hood River. For registration info and additional details, see www.botgkitefest.com.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge