Saturday, July 27, 2013
Wy’east needs volleyball coaches
Wy’east Middle School’s 2013 volleyball season is in jeopardy. Hood River County Community Education, which facilitates the middle school program, says that if it can’t recruit coaches for the school’s seventh- and eighth-grade teams, it will have to cancel the season. Coaching is all-volunteer and runs from Sept. 9 to Oct. 22 with practices five days a week after school.
To inquire, contact HRCCE at 541-386-2055 as soon as possible.
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest this weekend
Dubbed the longest-running amateur kiteboarding contest in the country, the 13th-annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest is set for July 27-28 at the Stevenson Marina. The amateur division will run July 27 and the pro division July 28, with start times depending on wind conditions.
Also part of the action this year is an Aug. 3 blowout race from Stevenson to Hood River. For registration info and additional details, see www.botgkitefest.com.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge