Saturday, July 27, 2013
Wy’east needs volleyball coaches
Wy’east Middle School’s 2013 volleyball season is in jeopardy. Hood River County Community Education, which facilitates the middle school program, says that if it can’t recruit coaches for the school’s seventh- and eighth-grade teams, it will have to cancel the season. Coaching is all-volunteer and runs from Sept. 9 to Oct. 22 with practices five days a week after school.
To inquire, contact HRCCE at 541-386-2055 as soon as possible.
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest this weekend
Dubbed the longest-running amateur kiteboarding contest in the country, the 13th-annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest is set for July 27-28 at the Stevenson Marina. The amateur division will run July 27 and the pro division July 28, with start times depending on wind conditions.
Also part of the action this year is an Aug. 3 blowout race from Stevenson to Hood River. For registration info and additional details, see www.botgkitefest.com.
More like this story
- Columbia Gorge Express bus starts Memorial Day weekend
- Missing woman reported, last seen in Stevenson
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party fun
- Memorial Day Weekend events … and beyond
- DRAGON DASH
- Acute story
- Memorial Day service, May 29 at Idlewilde
- Sports briefs for May 27
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets June 10 at Discovery Center
- The Dalles museums offer free admission for military
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge