Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Hood River Valley High School baseball player Kellan Duffy will be in Fort Meyers, Fla., this week to play on Team Northwest for the 15U Perfect Game Elite World Series. Top 16-15U teams in the country have been invited to attend the tournament, with games played on the major league spring training site of the Boston Red Sox.
Duffy, a third-baseman, will also be attending the 16U USA NTIS Series in Cary, N.C., at the end of August, with the goal of making the 2014 17U USA National Team Development Program.
Another player from Hood River, Chase Lariza, played on the championship team for Showtime Junior Prep at the USAAA Washington State Championship last month. The team qualified to play in the USAAA World Series tournament in Florida. Lariza plays on the Showtime 16U Junior Prep team based out of Vancouver, Wash.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge