Wednesday, July 31, 2013
The City of Hood River Urban Renewal Committee will hold an informational meeting Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall on the forthcoming $4.2 million State Street project, which will include paving, sidewalks, retaining walls, pedestrian plazas, lighting and landscaping. The meeting is open to the public.
The city parking lot at Front Street will be closed starting Thursday as general contractor Kerr Construction begins to set up for phase one of the project, upland construction of a retaining wall on the south side of State between First and Second streets.
South sidewalks may seen closures but limited intrusion is anticipated on vehicle traffic on State.
More like this story
- Death notices for Nov. 28
- Service announcement for Nov. 25
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge