Wednesday, July 31, 2013
The City of Hood River Urban Renewal Committee will hold an informational meeting Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall on the forthcoming $4.2 million State Street project, which will include paving, sidewalks, retaining walls, pedestrian plazas, lighting and landscaping. The meeting is open to the public.
The city parking lot at Front Street will be closed starting Thursday as general contractor Kerr Construction begins to set up for phase one of the project, upland construction of a retaining wall on the south side of State between First and Second streets.
South sidewalks may seen closures but limited intrusion is anticipated on vehicle traffic on State.
More like this story
- Cider Central: Cider Café opens, ’Gorge Society’ rebrands
- HR Library hosts Songwriters in the Round Sept. 16
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 5
- Labor Day: Drive with care, and take a moment to honor workers who can’t take a break
- Editor's Notebook: Will guards’ new disdain cancel refugees tickets’ aboard today’s European train?
- Police Log, Aug. 24 to 30
- Building Permits, City, August 2015
- HRV girls soccer looks to continue its winning ways
- Sports Briefs for Sept. 5
- Young team, playoff dreams for HRV volleyball
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge