Wednesday, July 31, 2013
The City of Hood River Urban Renewal Committee will hold an informational meeting Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall on the forthcoming $4.2 million State Street project, which will include paving, sidewalks, retaining walls, pedestrian plazas, lighting and landscaping. The meeting is open to the public.
The city parking lot at Front Street will be closed starting Thursday as general contractor Kerr Construction begins to set up for phase one of the project, upland construction of a retaining wall on the south side of State between First and Second streets.
South sidewalks may seen closures but limited intrusion is anticipated on vehicle traffic on State.
More like this story
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
- City of Hood River: Mayor asks Rep. Walden to ‘join our collective call’ on energy
- Power line fire doused Monday
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 6 to 12
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge