Wednesday, July 31, 2013
The City of Hood River Urban Renewal Committee will hold an informational meeting Thursday at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall on the forthcoming $4.2 million State Street project, which will include paving, sidewalks, retaining walls, pedestrian plazas, lighting and landscaping. The meeting is open to the public.
The city parking lot at Front Street will be closed starting Thursday as general contractor Kerr Construction begins to set up for phase one of the project, upland construction of a retaining wall on the south side of State between First and Second streets.
South sidewalks may seen closures but limited intrusion is anticipated on vehicle traffic on State.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge