Wednesday, July 31, 2013
The Aug. 2 registration deadline is fast approaching for writers to participate in the annual Pacific Northwest Plein Air Event, organized by Columbia Center for the Arts.
Writers are invited to join painters at five outdoor locations from Aug. 30 through Sept. 3 for creative inspiration.
Plein air, which is French for “in the open air,” is the artistic approach to working out-of-doors. Plein air writers and artists put on paper or canvas their renditions or interpretations of the imagery that is available in the actual lighting and weather conditions, as they are viewed in that time and place.
Writers’ work will be displayed as part of the gallery’s September Plein Air exhibit, collected in an online anthology, and writers will have the opportunity to share their work at a public reading on Sunday, Sept. 8.
More information and registration forms are available at the arts center, online at http://bit.ly/15kCPTm or by emailing Julie Jindal, writing exhibition coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Death notices, Sept. 28: Vera Owen, James Robinson, Clarence Lowell, Scott Burnett and Eva Morales Sanchez
- Service Announcement, Sept. 24: Berna Carter
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge