Wednesday, July 31, 2013
School is still a month from reopening, but it’s not too early to start thinking about enrolling your child in Community Education’s Mid Valley Preschool.
The bilingual preschool, held in the old cafeteria at Mid Valley Elementary School, has a few openings left for fall preschool and extended care.
For rates and detailed information, call teacher Socci Galvez at 541-387-5722 or 541-806-3887.
Mid Valley Elementary’s summer reading program will meet for the last time Aug. 6, from 6-7:30 p.m. in the school’s library. Return books and collect prizes.
Wy’east’s summer reading program will have its last check-in Aug. 23 at the school. Completed bookmark summaries will be collected and prizes given. For more information call the school at 541-354-1548.
It would appear that all my usual contacts are out having too much fun this summer because I’ve found myself with quite a lack of material this time around. But this makes for a great opportunity to hit up the Odell community at large:
Please give me a call about any upcoming events, club activities (that includes school clubs too), sporting events, fundraisers, church schedules and events, or people you’d like to see featured in the column.
Sometimes I hear, “I thought about calling, but I didn’t know if my item was really news.” Trust me, it is, and I want to hear from you. You can reach me at the Hood River News at 541-386-1234 or email me at email@example.com. Thank you!
More like this story
- Preschool options expand in Odell and Pine Grove
- MID VALLEY NEWS: Lionesses hold annual fundraiser Saturday
- Preschool teacher Socci Galvez: ‘There is so much to learn with them.’
- Mid valley news: Art cards are still available at Mid Valley
- MID VALLEY NEWS: Mid Valley school holds Family Night March 13
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge