Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Hood River Area Stewards reports that, due to extreme fire danger, all SDS, Longview Fiber, Kreps, Broughton Lumber, Hancock Forest Management and American Forest Management lands will close to all public use at the end of the day Friday, Aug. 2. This means the popular biking/hiking trails on those lands, including Whoopdee, Hospital Hill and Puke Hill/Eastside trail will be closed until further notice. Trail users are urged to respect landowners, follow the rules and refrain from using these trails until they are reopened. These properties will remain closed to all public entry until Washington State Department of Natural Resources determines the fire danger rating of Industrial Fire Precaution Level is reduced to IFPL 1. Security patrols have been assigned to enforce the closure. It is the public’s responsibility to know whose property they are on.
For more information visit www.hrats.org
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control