Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Kids in the Hood, a new business downtown, 13 Oak St., (see article on A2) hosts an impromptu Scrabble game for First Friday, open to all comers, on the courtyard tiles in front of the shop.
Join the family-friendly game night and book swap at the Hood River Library from 5-7 p.m. on First Friday.
New games have been donated by G. Williker’s Toy Shoppe of Hood River. Bring your books and DVDs to swap with your friends and neighbors. All ages are welcome.
This August, Columbia Center for the Arts forges into the world of glass. The show “A Glass Act” will feature glass objects created in various techniques including blown, lamp-worked, kiln-formed, enamel, stained, painted and cast. The show opens Friday, Aug. 2, at 6 p.m. and runs through Sept. 1.
In addition to the show, there will be free glass demos in the studio every Saturday and Sunday during the month. Chat with artists, learn about the process and get a new perspective on glass.
Every Friday, The Fruit Company sets aside fruit that doesn’t make it into its gift boxes, as well as excess inventory of gourmet goodies. In most cases this fruit is of a higher quality than you would find in your local grocer, but because it doesn’t meet gift grade, it’s offered at a reduced cost on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last (no phone or pre-orders).
These discounted items are only for pick-up and cannot be shipped. Hours are 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at The Fruit Company, 2900 Van Horn Drive.
Rishell Graves will be playing music for First Friday at Cascade Cliffs Tasting room (211 Oak St.), with Terry Hill on the djembe. Come on in and listen to Rishell's “Music from the Heart,” from 5:30-8 p.m.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge