Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Families will gather in celebration Friday and Saturday for 2013 Commencement events.
Hood River Valley High School holds its ceremony at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Henderson Stadium, and Horizon Christian School hands out diplomas Saturday at 2 p.m. in the Mark Boyden Gymnasium.
Valedictorians for HRVHS are David Brunk, Gabby Dittenhoffer, Elizabeth Gobbo, Luke Kopecky, Maddie McLean, Connor Normand, Sophie Oswald, Lilly Paul and Levi Roeseler.
For Horizon, Kasia Nielsen earned valedictorian honors and will address the class, and James Rovianek is salutatorian. Girls basketball coach Chad Leeson will give the challenge to the 10 members of the Class of 2013.
The public is welcome at both events.
At HRVHS, seating is available after all parents and guests are seated; fine weather is expected Friday night.
This will be the final graduation ceremony at HRVHS for Principal Karen Neitzel, who is moving to Hawaii.
She said she will pay tribute Friday to Juanita Dominguez, grandmother of five members of the Class of 2013.
Neitzel said, “I will acknowledge the kindness the Class of 2013 has shown to each other. They are an extremely caring, creative group of people. It has been a tremendous pleasure to know them all.”
Neitzel, principal for the past five years, said “We have a really wonderful staff, and I love them and will miss them, too.”
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge