Friday, June 7, 2013
This is a big week for hundreds of local students, as the Class of 2013 receives diplomas in commencement ceremonies at Hood River Valley High School (7:30 p.m. Friday) and Horizon Christian School (Saturday at 2 p.m.) in the Mark Boyden Gymnasium.
HRVHS valedictorians are David Brunk, Gabby Dittenhoffer, Elizabeth Gobbo, Brenden Kerr, Luke Kopecky, Maddie McLean, Connor Normand, Sophie Oswald, Lilly Paul and Levi Roeseler.
For Horizon, Kasia Nielsen is valedictorian and James Rovianek is salutatorian.
One door closes, another opens: Celebrating the start of new chapters are HRVHS seniors Lauren Gray and Noa Edwards, right, and Murphy Jackson.
More like this story
- The Porch for May 20
- Columbia Center offers Summer Arts class scholarships
- HR Valley Residents Committee: ‘Long-term watchdogs’ celebrate Sunday
- Parkdale teacher wins ‘Math Excellence Award’
- Letters to the Editor for May 20
- Morrison Park: Yes to re-zone, but dig in first
- Another Voice: Mexico: my thoughts and personal experiences
- Police Log, April 24 to May 14
- ‘No’ on NORCOR bond, close races for Port, Schools
- Moro: Azure weed plan takes root
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge