Friday, June 7, 2013
This is a big week for hundreds of local students, as the Class of 2013 receives diplomas in commencement ceremonies at Hood River Valley High School (7:30 p.m. Friday) and Horizon Christian School (Saturday at 2 p.m.) in the Mark Boyden Gymnasium.
HRVHS valedictorians are David Brunk, Gabby Dittenhoffer, Elizabeth Gobbo, Brenden Kerr, Luke Kopecky, Maddie McLean, Connor Normand, Sophie Oswald, Lilly Paul and Levi Roeseler.
For Horizon, Kasia Nielsen is valedictorian and James Rovianek is salutatorian.
One door closes, another opens: Celebrating the start of new chapters are HRVHS seniors Lauren Gray and Noa Edwards, right, and Murphy Jackson.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 22
- Another Voice: Community of caring, and the public issue of homelessness
- ‘Catch Me If You Can’ opens next weekend
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 22
- Bridging Marine Park
- Death café at the library Oct. 26
- Halloween’s a Coming: Your Guide to Fun Oct. 29-31
- What’s the BUZZ on pollinators?
- Q and A: HR City Council candidate question and answer
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 22
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge