Friday, June 7, 2013
This is a big week for hundreds of local students, as the Class of 2013 receives diplomas in commencement ceremonies at Hood River Valley High School (7:30 p.m. Friday) and Horizon Christian School (Saturday at 2 p.m.) in the Mark Boyden Gymnasium.
HRVHS valedictorians are David Brunk, Gabby Dittenhoffer, Elizabeth Gobbo, Brenden Kerr, Luke Kopecky, Maddie McLean, Connor Normand, Sophie Oswald, Lilly Paul and Levi Roeseler.
For Horizon, Kasia Nielsen is valedictorian and James Rovianek is salutatorian.
One door closes, another opens: Celebrating the start of new chapters are HRVHS seniors Lauren Gray and Noa Edwards, right, and Murphy Jackson.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: ‘Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead’ at CCA
- HR County Library District holds annual Unity Picnic to celebrate diversity, reading
- YESTERYEARS: Hood River pool facing possible closure in 1987
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 23
- ANOTHER VOICE: Call on Gorge Commission to take a stand on coal transport pollution
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 23 edition
- Lions Fundraiser ‘Applerama’ in danger of cancellation
- The Ale List: Full Sail and Harrington team up with Red Ale
- ‘Sketchbook Project’ invites conversation
- poTENtial series continues at Center for Arts
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge