Friday, June 7, 2013
This is a big week for hundreds of local students, as the Class of 2013 receives diplomas in commencement ceremonies at Hood River Valley High School (7:30 p.m. Friday) and Horizon Christian School (Saturday at 2 p.m.) in the Mark Boyden Gymnasium.
HRVHS valedictorians are David Brunk, Gabby Dittenhoffer, Elizabeth Gobbo, Brenden Kerr, Luke Kopecky, Maddie McLean, Connor Normand, Sophie Oswald, Lilly Paul and Levi Roeseler.
For Horizon, Kasia Nielsen is valedictorian and James Rovianek is salutatorian.
One door closes, another opens: Celebrating the start of new chapters are HRVHS seniors Lauren Gray and Noa Edwards, right, and Murphy Jackson.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge