Friday, June 7, 2013
This is a big week for hundreds of local students, as the Class of 2013 receives diplomas in commencement ceremonies at Hood River Valley High School (7:30 p.m. Friday) and Horizon Christian School (Saturday at 2 p.m.) in the Mark Boyden Gymnasium.
HRVHS valedictorians are David Brunk, Gabby Dittenhoffer, Elizabeth Gobbo, Brenden Kerr, Luke Kopecky, Maddie McLean, Connor Normand, Sophie Oswald, Lilly Paul and Levi Roeseler.
For Horizon, Kasia Nielsen is valedictorian and James Rovianek is salutatorian.
One door closes, another opens: Celebrating the start of new chapters are HRVHS seniors Lauren Gray and Noa Edwards, right, and Murphy Jackson.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge