Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Alan ‘Al’ Cady
Albert ‘Al’ Cady
Joint liturgy and memorial services will be held June 15 at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church in Great Falls, Mont., for Alan (Al) Dominic Cady and his father, Albert (Al) Joseph Cady.
Alan died Feb. 13, 2013, in Portland, Ore. He was born Dec. 4, 1961, in Panama City, Fla., to Albert J. and Marilyn (Boecker) Cady. He worked as director of cardio/pulmonary and sleep study labs at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital.
His father, Al, died May 21, 2013, in Great Falls, Mont. He was born Feb. 15, 1937, in Lyndonville, Vt.
In lieu of flowers, remembrances for Alan may be made to the Alan Cady Memorial Fund in care of First Liberty Federal Credit Union, P.O. Box 5002, Great Falls, MT 59405 (phone 406-761-8300).
Arrangements are under the direction of Schnider Funeral Home, 1510 13th St. S., Great Falls, MT 59405; 406-727-1368.
- ‘Kindergarten Roundup’ May 1-5 for Hood River County School District
- Students ‘Make a Difference’
- Pick of the Week: Lions Follies benefit Oregon Sight and Hearing Foundation
- Farming film screening and discussion happen April 27
- Rotary Peace Pole
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lure of Hood River Valley’ booklet available in 1927
- Letters to the Editor for April 26
- See Follies: Four strong reasons to attend a classic community event
- Entertainment Update for April 26
- ‘Midsummer’ auditions May 6-7
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge