Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Alan ‘Al’ Cady
Albert ‘Al’ Cady
Joint liturgy and memorial services will be held June 15 at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church in Great Falls, Mont., for Alan (Al) Dominic Cady and his father, Albert (Al) Joseph Cady.
Alan died Feb. 13, 2013, in Portland, Ore. He was born Dec. 4, 1961, in Panama City, Fla., to Albert J. and Marilyn (Boecker) Cady. He worked as director of cardio/pulmonary and sleep study labs at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital.
His father, Al, died May 21, 2013, in Great Falls, Mont. He was born Feb. 15, 1937, in Lyndonville, Vt.
In lieu of flowers, remembrances for Alan may be made to the Alan Cady Memorial Fund in care of First Liberty Federal Credit Union, P.O. Box 5002, Great Falls, MT 59405 (phone 406-761-8300).
Arrangements are under the direction of Schnider Funeral Home, 1510 13th St. S., Great Falls, MT 59405; 406-727-1368.
- Sheriff Log, April 17 to 24
- Pet of the week: Dessa needs ‘room to use her hound nose’
- Letters to the editor for May 4
- ANOTHER VOICE: Passing countywide ordinance ‘is wrong’
- Yes to School Bond
- Going Solar: Amateur astronomer provides safe view of our nearest neighborhood star
- Yesteryears: Women challenged at the polls in 1916
- Sustainability Awards presented April 20
- Decker, Elzinga wed
- The Daily Bread: My Life in Dog Years
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge