Wednesday, June 12, 2013
The Mt. Adams Parks and Recreation District and Klickitat Healthy People Alliance are hosting the second-annual Kids in Motion, a festival for kids of all ages.
This free event will take place in White Salmon’s Rheingarten Park on June 15 from 11a.m.-2 p.m.
Fun and healthy activities include free swimming at the White Salmon pool, 3-on-3 soccer games, a bike safety rodeo (bring your bike and helmet), field day games, low ropes course and hula-hooping.
This event is in conjunction with the White Salmon Backyard Half Marathon. Music from One Hum and pizza from Beneventi’s will be on hand.
If you have questions or would like to volunteer or donate, contact Debi Budnik at DebiB@co.klickitat.wa.us or 509-493-6234.
Event partners include the Mount Adams Park and Recreation District, Klickitat Healthy People Alliance, White Salmon-Bingen Business Partners, KE Designs Cabinetry, Skyline Hospital, Mt. Adams Institute, Lady Elks, Safe Kids Coalition and the White Salmon Backyard Half Marathon.
More like this story
- Church News: Updated Vacation Bible School list
- Death notices for June 25: Dorothy McPherren and Victoria Long
- Yesteryears: 911 comes to Hood River County in 1986
- Mt. Hood Town Hall Summer BBQ
- Oregon Trail Tea Time
- ‘Art in the Gorge’ show in Hood River July 1-3
- Cascade Observations: Making New Friends, Keeping the Old
- History links Mike’s (30 years) and Tum-A-Lum (110)
- Parkdale mason crafts new ‘masterpiece’ at Cape Horn
- Portland leaders ask governors to ban oil-by-rail
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge