Wednesday, June 12, 2013
The Mt. Adams Parks and Recreation District and Klickitat Healthy People Alliance are hosting the second-annual Kids in Motion, a festival for kids of all ages.
This free event will take place in White Salmon’s Rheingarten Park on June 15 from 11a.m.-2 p.m.
Fun and healthy activities include free swimming at the White Salmon pool, 3-on-3 soccer games, a bike safety rodeo (bring your bike and helmet), field day games, low ropes course and hula-hooping.
This event is in conjunction with the White Salmon Backyard Half Marathon. Music from One Hum and pizza from Beneventi’s will be on hand.
If you have questions or would like to volunteer or donate, contact Debi Budnik at DebiB@co.klickitat.wa.us or 509-493-6234.
Event partners include the Mount Adams Park and Recreation District, Klickitat Healthy People Alliance, White Salmon-Bingen Business Partners, KE Designs Cabinetry, Skyline Hospital, Mt. Adams Institute, Lady Elks, Safe Kids Coalition and the White Salmon Backyard Half Marathon.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge