Wednesday, June 12, 2013
The Mt. Adams Parks and Recreation District and Klickitat Healthy People Alliance are hosting the second-annual Kids in Motion, a festival for kids of all ages.
This free event will take place in White Salmon’s Rheingarten Park on June 15 from 11a.m.-2 p.m.
Fun and healthy activities include free swimming at the White Salmon pool, 3-on-3 soccer games, a bike safety rodeo (bring your bike and helmet), field day games, low ropes course and hula-hooping.
This event is in conjunction with the White Salmon Backyard Half Marathon. Music from One Hum and pizza from Beneventi’s will be on hand.
If you have questions or would like to volunteer or donate, contact Debi Budnik at DebiB@co.klickitat.wa.us or 509-493-6234.
Event partners include the Mount Adams Park and Recreation District, Klickitat Healthy People Alliance, White Salmon-Bingen Business Partners, KE Designs Cabinetry, Skyline Hospital, Mt. Adams Institute, Lady Elks, Safe Kids Coalition and the White Salmon Backyard Half Marathon.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Westside forum July 26
- Fair Time: HOOD RIVER COUNTY FAIR — ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
- YESTERYEARS: ‘Lassie’ films in HR in 1947
- Daily Bread: Blame it on The Moon
- McAlexanders celebrate 50th anniversary
- Hood River Library hosts Death Café
- Police Log, July 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, July 16 to 22
- Biologists give mixed news for Columbia steelhead
- Pet of the Week: Charlie is happy and playful
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge