Friday, June 14, 2013
Orchardist Steve Bickford has been appointed chairman of the board for CenterPointe Community Bank.
After nearly six years, Steve Benton elected to step down as chairman. As one of the founding members of the bank, Benton will continue to be involved.
“I am very thankful for Steve Benton’s dedication and contributions to the bank,” commented Mahlon Vigesaa, president/CEO.
Bickford was elected a director of CenterPointe Community Bank in 2008 and currently serves on the audit and compliance, and corporate governance and compensation committees.
He is a fourth-generation orchardist, born and raised in Hood River, who graduated from Wy’east High School.
He later graduated from Oregon State University with an engineering degree. Bickford has operated his orchard for more than 36 years. Beginning in 2000 he expanded into growing grapes and in 2002 started his own winery business, Mt. Hood Winery. He is a member and past president of the Hood River Rotary Club; was president of the Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital board and served on the board for 30 years; is a past president and actively serves as a member of the Pine Grove Fire Department; and member of the Columbia Wine Growers Association.
CenterPointe Community Bank is a Columba River Gorge-based, State of Oregon-chartered and FDIC-insured community bank.
Initially opened in September 2007, the bank is headquartered in Hood River, with a second full-service branch office located in The Dalles.
CenterPointe Community Bank is the only local community bank headquartered in the Gorge region. Its designated service area encompasses Wasco and Hood River counties in Oregon, and Klickitat County in Washington state.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge