Friday, June 14, 2013
Takako Yamasaki passed away in her home June 7, 2013. She was born Sept.7, 1927.
A visitation will be held at Gateway Little Chapel of the Chimes, 1515 N.E. 106th Ave., Portland, Ore., Wednesday, June 19, from 3-6:30 p.m. A funeral to honor and celebrate her life will be held following the visitation at 7 p.m.
Aya Endow passed away in her home on June 12, 2013. She was born in Woodland, Calif., on March 16, 1918, and lived in California until she was interned at Heart Mountain, Wyo., in February 1942. She married Sho Endow Jr. in 1945 and has lived in the Hood River Valley since then.
She is survived by her four children, four grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
At her request, there will be no service. In lieu of flowers, please consider a contribution to Providence Hospice of the Gorge or the Hukari Animal Shelter.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge