Friday, June 14, 2013
Takako Yamasaki passed away in her home June 7, 2013. She was born Sept.7, 1927.
A visitation will be held at Gateway Little Chapel of the Chimes, 1515 N.E. 106th Ave., Portland, Ore., Wednesday, June 19, from 3-6:30 p.m. A funeral to honor and celebrate her life will be held following the visitation at 7 p.m.
Aya Endow passed away in her home on June 12, 2013. She was born in Woodland, Calif., on March 16, 1918, and lived in California until she was interned at Heart Mountain, Wyo., in February 1942. She married Sho Endow Jr. in 1945 and has lived in the Hood River Valley since then.
She is survived by her four children, four grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
At her request, there will be no service. In lieu of flowers, please consider a contribution to Providence Hospice of the Gorge or the Hukari Animal Shelter.
More like this story
- How to Help: Ways to give locally during the holiday season
- USDA invests $13 Million to improve healthcare in Columbia River Gorge
- Local Lure: This holiday, help your community by spending close to home
- Another Voice: County Energy Plan demonstrates leadership and resilience
- Columbia Gorge CASA welcomes new volunteers
- The Porch for Nov. 25 edition
- ‘Chicago’ preparations: Local choreographer offers dance lessons
- ‘The Little Prince’ auditions scheduled for Dec. 11-12
- ‘National Pear Month’ marked in December
- Gleaning: Where surplus and hunger meet
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge