Friday, June 14, 2013
Takako Yamasaki passed away in her home June 7, 2013. She was born Sept.7, 1927.
A visitation will be held at Gateway Little Chapel of the Chimes, 1515 N.E. 106th Ave., Portland, Ore., Wednesday, June 19, from 3-6:30 p.m. A funeral to honor and celebrate her life will be held following the visitation at 7 p.m.
Aya Endow passed away in her home on June 12, 2013. She was born in Woodland, Calif., on March 16, 1918, and lived in California until she was interned at Heart Mountain, Wyo., in February 1942. She married Sho Endow Jr. in 1945 and has lived in the Hood River Valley since then.
She is survived by her four children, four grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
At her request, there will be no service. In lieu of flowers, please consider a contribution to Providence Hospice of the Gorge or the Hukari Animal Shelter.
More like this story
- Columbia Gorge Express bus starts Memorial Day weekend
- Missing woman reported, last seen in Stevenson
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party fun
- Memorial Day Weekend events … and beyond
- DRAGON DASH
- Acute story
- Memorial Day service, May 29 at Idlewilde
- Sports briefs for May 27
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets June 10 at Discovery Center
- The Dalles museums offer free admission for military
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge