Friday, June 14, 2013
Takako Yamasaki passed away in her home June 7, 2013. She was born Sept.7, 1927.
A visitation will be held at Gateway Little Chapel of the Chimes, 1515 N.E. 106th Ave., Portland, Ore., Wednesday, June 19, from 3-6:30 p.m. A funeral to honor and celebrate her life will be held following the visitation at 7 p.m.
Aya Endow passed away in her home on June 12, 2013. She was born in Woodland, Calif., on March 16, 1918, and lived in California until she was interned at Heart Mountain, Wyo., in February 1942. She married Sho Endow Jr. in 1945 and has lived in the Hood River Valley since then.
She is survived by her four children, four grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
At her request, there will be no service. In lieu of flowers, please consider a contribution to Providence Hospice of the Gorge or the Hukari Animal Shelter.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge