Friday, June 14, 2013
Takako Yamasaki passed away in her home June 7, 2013. She was born Sept.7, 1927.
A visitation will be held at Gateway Little Chapel of the Chimes, 1515 N.E. 106th Ave., Portland, Ore., Wednesday, June 19, from 3-6:30 p.m. A funeral to honor and celebrate her life will be held following the visitation at 7 p.m.
Aya Endow passed away in her home on June 12, 2013. She was born in Woodland, Calif., on March 16, 1918, and lived in California until she was interned at Heart Mountain, Wyo., in February 1942. She married Sho Endow Jr. in 1945 and has lived in the Hood River Valley since then.
She is survived by her four children, four grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
At her request, there will be no service. In lieu of flowers, please consider a contribution to Providence Hospice of the Gorge or the Hukari Animal Shelter.
More like this story
- YESTERYEARS: New Safeway store on Second and Cascade expected in 1947
- Pritchett, Haskins to wed
- Roots and Branches: Cherry Harvest
- Pick of the Week: Children’s Park public meeting July 20
- Travelogue: Panama
- Another Voice: Juntos program ‘critical to success of students in their education’
- Editor's Notebook: By George, one’s own name is a basic sweet spot in your sense of identity
- Letters to the Editor for July 19
- Another Voice: Preserve our agricultural heritage by making Tanner Ranch a park
- The comfort of quilts: Comfort Quilt Project underway at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge