Friday, June 14, 2013
The Hess Family Environmental Fund of the Gorge Community Foundation is accepting applications for its first grant cycle. This year the amount available for award is $1,000.
Grants may be made to 501(c)(3) nonprofits, public schools or government agencies in Hood River, Wasco, Klickitat and Skamania counties.
This year the focus is for projects benefiting aquatic bodies: rivers, lakes and streams. Projects must be completed within one calendar year of notice of the award.
To apply, send: a brief (maximum two pages) description of the proposed project, documentation of tax exempt status or school/government entity and a project budget. Include income and expenses.
If this award is to be used to help fund an existing or larger project, attach the entire project budget and indicate where this grant will be used in the project. Applications are due by July 15.
After the project is complete, the grantee must prepare a one-page report with photos.
Send applications to:
email@example.com or Hess Family Environmental Fund, P.O. Box 163, Hood River, OR 97031.
For details call 541-399-3442.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge