Friday, June 14, 2013
The Hess Family Environmental Fund of the Gorge Community Foundation is accepting applications for its first grant cycle. This year the amount available for award is $1,000.
Grants may be made to 501(c)(3) nonprofits, public schools or government agencies in Hood River, Wasco, Klickitat and Skamania counties.
This year the focus is for projects benefiting aquatic bodies: rivers, lakes and streams. Projects must be completed within one calendar year of notice of the award.
To apply, send: a brief (maximum two pages) description of the proposed project, documentation of tax exempt status or school/government entity and a project budget. Include income and expenses.
If this award is to be used to help fund an existing or larger project, attach the entire project budget and indicate where this grant will be used in the project. Applications are due by July 15.
After the project is complete, the grantee must prepare a one-page report with photos.
Send applications to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or Hess Family Environmental Fund, P.O. Box 163, Hood River, OR 97031.
For details call 541-399-3442.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda