Friday, June 14, 2013
The Hess Family Environmental Fund of the Gorge Community Foundation is accepting applications for its first grant cycle. This year the amount available for award is $1,000.
Grants may be made to 501(c)(3) nonprofits, public schools or government agencies in Hood River, Wasco, Klickitat and Skamania counties.
This year the focus is for projects benefiting aquatic bodies: rivers, lakes and streams. Projects must be completed within one calendar year of notice of the award.
To apply, send: a brief (maximum two pages) description of the proposed project, documentation of tax exempt status or school/government entity and a project budget. Include income and expenses.
If this award is to be used to help fund an existing or larger project, attach the entire project budget and indicate where this grant will be used in the project. Applications are due by July 15.
After the project is complete, the grantee must prepare a one-page report with photos.
Send applications to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or Hess Family Environmental Fund, P.O. Box 163, Hood River, OR 97031.
For details call 541-399-3442.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge