Friday, June 14, 2013
The Hess Family Environmental Fund of the Gorge Community Foundation is accepting applications for its first grant cycle. This year the amount available for award is $1,000.
Grants may be made to 501(c)(3) nonprofits, public schools or government agencies in Hood River, Wasco, Klickitat and Skamania counties.
This year the focus is for projects benefiting aquatic bodies: rivers, lakes and streams. Projects must be completed within one calendar year of notice of the award.
To apply, send: a brief (maximum two pages) description of the proposed project, documentation of tax exempt status or school/government entity and a project budget. Include income and expenses.
If this award is to be used to help fund an existing or larger project, attach the entire project budget and indicate where this grant will be used in the project. Applications are due by July 15.
After the project is complete, the grantee must prepare a one-page report with photos.
Send applications to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or Hess Family Environmental Fund, P.O. Box 163, Hood River, OR 97031.
For details call 541-399-3442.
More like this story
- UPDATE: Southeast Mt. Hood fire grows to 60 acres
- Service announcement for Oct. 10
- Death notices for Oct. 7
- HRV’s House: Henderson Community Stadium celebrates its 20th anniversary
- Gorge Soup adds ‘Visual Arts’ event
- Mosqueda, Weber wed in railside ceremony
- Helicopter photos: Graves, Krenz marry
- Clark, Engel marry in Pine Grove
- All you need is ... to come on the Magical History Tour
- Yesteryears: Lower valley apple harvest in full swing in 1945
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge