Friday, June 14, 2013
The pool will host an open swim daily from 1-5 p.m. and Monday through Friday evenings from 7-9 p.m.
Beginning Monday, June 17, and going through Labor Day, the Aquatic Center will host special open swims every Monday and Wednesday from 1-5 p.m., where pool admission for all ages is just $1. In addition, there will be a special open swim every Friday evening from 7-9 p.m., where admission for everyone is $1.
Visit hoodriverparksandrec.org for a detailed listing of hours and activities.
The pool is located on May Street at 18th.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for May 28
- Mercado del Valle opens June 2 in new location
- Marble and Shepherd are Elks Students of the Month for May
- Riverside UCC votes for fossil fuel divestment
- Sheriff Log, May 15 to 22
- Community Baby Shower June 4
- ‘Air Panther’ goes aloft
- HRV beats OES, Lincoln, to take sailing state championship
- HRV girls lax wins inaugural Navy championship
- HRV baseball routs Eagle Point in Battle of the Eagles, advances to quarterfinal matchup with Ashland
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge