Friday, June 14, 2013
Volunteers, host families for Mt. Hood Cycling Classic
Organizers of the Mt. Hood Cycling Classic (June 21-23) are in search of volunteers and host families to help make the 11th-annual event a success. Host families are needed to house riders and teams in town for the event, and volunteers are needed to help in all aspects of running the three-day, multi-stage race.
Anyone willing to help or open their home to riders is encouraged to contact Moria Reynolds at Moria@breakawaypromotions.com.
Middle school coaches needed
Hood River Community Education is trying to recruit volunteer coaches for the following middle school sports:
Wy’east volleyball, 7th and 8th grade; Wy’east basketball, 7th and 8th grade; cross country, both Hood River Middle School and Wy’east.
Interested coaches are encouraged to contact John Rust, community education director, at 541-387-5030 or Phil Hukari, middle school sports coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed
- How to help during the holidays
- Students of the Month: Elks Lodge honors Zorza and Castañeda
Advertisement: The Men of Black Friday
The secret agents of Big Winds may not exactly be Tommy Lee Jones oand Will Smith, but they still discovered there is plenty of strangeness to be found in Hood River...especially once winter sets in. Enlarge