Friday, June 14, 2013
Volunteers, host families for Mt. Hood Cycling Classic
Organizers of the Mt. Hood Cycling Classic (June 21-23) are in search of volunteers and host families to help make the 11th-annual event a success. Host families are needed to house riders and teams in town for the event, and volunteers are needed to help in all aspects of running the three-day, multi-stage race.
Anyone willing to help or open their home to riders is encouraged to contact Moria Reynolds at Moria@breakawaypromotions.com.
Middle school coaches needed
Hood River Community Education is trying to recruit volunteer coaches for the following middle school sports:
Wy’east volleyball, 7th and 8th grade; Wy’east basketball, 7th and 8th grade; cross country, both Hood River Middle School and Wy’east.
Interested coaches are encouraged to contact John Rust, community education director, at 541-387-5030 or Phil Hukari, middle school sports coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 3
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge