Friday, June 14, 2013
Volunteers, host families for Mt. Hood Cycling Classic
Organizers of the Mt. Hood Cycling Classic (June 21-23) are in search of volunteers and host families to help make the 11th-annual event a success. Host families are needed to house riders and teams in town for the event, and volunteers are needed to help in all aspects of running the three-day, multi-stage race.
Anyone willing to help or open their home to riders is encouraged to contact Moria Reynolds at Moria@breakawaypromotions.com.
Middle school coaches needed
Hood River Community Education is trying to recruit volunteer coaches for the following middle school sports:
Wy’east volleyball, 7th and 8th grade; Wy’east basketball, 7th and 8th grade; cross country, both Hood River Middle School and Wy’east.
Interested coaches are encouraged to contact John Rust, community education director, at 541-387-5030 or Phil Hukari, middle school sports coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Service Announcements for Aug. 19 edition: Gary Thelen and David DeGroot
- Death Notices for Aug. 19 edition: Judith Harmon, Everett Marvel, Edward Leiblein, Joseph Aragon, Rodney VanRiper, Mary Fields, Luis Rodriguez Ayala and Maurine Wattles
- Two escape from state corrections
- Sports briefs for Aug. 16
- Lost boy found safe near Parkdale
- YESTERYEARS: Hottest August day ever recorded in 1977
- Design for a legacy
- Pick of the Week: Jim Lommasson at CCA
- The mural and Nate Chavez
- Letters to the Editor, Aug. 16 edition
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge