Friday, June 14, 2013
Volunteers, host families for Mt. Hood Cycling Classic
Organizers of the Mt. Hood Cycling Classic (June 21-23) are in search of volunteers and host families to help make the 11th-annual event a success. Host families are needed to house riders and teams in town for the event, and volunteers are needed to help in all aspects of running the three-day, multi-stage race.
Anyone willing to help or open their home to riders is encouraged to contact Moria Reynolds at Moria@breakawaypromotions.com.
Middle school coaches needed
Hood River Community Education is trying to recruit volunteer coaches for the following middle school sports:
Wy’east volleyball, 7th and 8th grade; Wy’east basketball, 7th and 8th grade; cross country, both Hood River Middle School and Wy’east.
Interested coaches are encouraged to contact John Rust, community education director, at 541-387-5030 or Phil Hukari, middle school sports coordinator, at email@example.com.
More like this story
- Cider Central: Cider Café opens, ’Gorge Society’ rebrands
- HR Library hosts Songwriters in the Round Sept. 16
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 5
- Labor Day: Drive with care, and take a moment to honor workers who can’t take a break
- Editor's Notebook: Will guards’ new disdain cancel refugees tickets’ aboard today’s European train?
- Police Log, Aug. 24 to 30
- Building Permits, City, August 2015
- HRV girls soccer looks to continue its winning ways
- Sports Briefs for Sept. 5
- Young team, playoff dreams for HRV volleyball
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge