Friday, June 14, 2013
Volunteers, host families for Mt. Hood Cycling Classic
Organizers of the Mt. Hood Cycling Classic (June 21-23) are in search of volunteers and host families to help make the 11th-annual event a success. Host families are needed to house riders and teams in town for the event, and volunteers are needed to help in all aspects of running the three-day, multi-stage race.
Anyone willing to help or open their home to riders is encouraged to contact Moria Reynolds at Moria@breakawaypromotions.com.
Middle school coaches needed
Hood River Community Education is trying to recruit volunteer coaches for the following middle school sports:
Wy’east volleyball, 7th and 8th grade; Wy’east basketball, 7th and 8th grade; cross country, both Hood River Middle School and Wy’east.
Interested coaches are encouraged to contact John Rust, community education director, at 541-387-5030 or Phil Hukari, middle school sports coordinator, at email@example.com.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge