Tuesday, June 18, 2013
As a major affirmation of his performance this season and over his high school career, Hood River Valley baseball’s four-year varsity catcher Kyle Beam was named the Oregon 5A Player of the Year last week.
During his senior year this season, the right-hander batted .506, with seven home runs and 34 RBI, and was named first team all-conference and all-state for the position of catcher.
The award is even more notable due to the fact that the Eagles (12-14 overall) only made it as far as the state playoff play-in round this season. Beam will soon make the move to Kentucky to start his college career with Campbellsville University.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge