Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Columbia Art Gallery has announced the finalists for its “The Earth Laughs In Flowers” juried photography competition. Their work will be featured in a month-long show at the gallery in Hood River, opening Friday, July 5, at 6 p.m.
Finalists include Carla Axtman, Judi Baker, Ron Campbell, Brian Chambers, Stephen Datnoff, Irene Fields, Gary Fields, Mike Godsey, Doug Gorsline, Leah Hedberg, Michel Hersen, Jurgen Hess, Michael Horodyski, Don Jacobson, Adam Lapierre, Darryl Lloyd, Warren Morgan, Michael Peterson, Daniel Rappaport, David Ryan, Christian Smith, Sherry Stellar, Kelsey Underhill and Jay Webber.
Sixty-eight photographers from the Gorge area and beyond submitted more than 300 images to this year’s contest, which was sponsored by Friends of the Columbia Gorge and Pro Photo Supply in Portland.
Three winners (first, second and third place) will be selected and awarded gift cards for Pro Photo Supply the evening of Friday, July 5, at 6:30 p.m. during the First Friday opening night festivities at Columbia Art Gallery, located at 215 Cascade Ave., Hood River.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge