Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Columbia Art Gallery has announced the finalists for its “The Earth Laughs In Flowers” juried photography competition. Their work will be featured in a month-long show at the gallery in Hood River, opening Friday, July 5, at 6 p.m.
Finalists include Carla Axtman, Judi Baker, Ron Campbell, Brian Chambers, Stephen Datnoff, Irene Fields, Gary Fields, Mike Godsey, Doug Gorsline, Leah Hedberg, Michel Hersen, Jurgen Hess, Michael Horodyski, Don Jacobson, Adam Lapierre, Darryl Lloyd, Warren Morgan, Michael Peterson, Daniel Rappaport, David Ryan, Christian Smith, Sherry Stellar, Kelsey Underhill and Jay Webber.
Sixty-eight photographers from the Gorge area and beyond submitted more than 300 images to this year’s contest, which was sponsored by Friends of the Columbia Gorge and Pro Photo Supply in Portland.
Three winners (first, second and third place) will be selected and awarded gift cards for Pro Photo Supply the evening of Friday, July 5, at 6:30 p.m. during the First Friday opening night festivities at Columbia Art Gallery, located at 215 Cascade Ave., Hood River.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge