Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Columbia Art Gallery has announced the finalists for its “The Earth Laughs In Flowers” juried photography competition. Their work will be featured in a month-long show at the gallery in Hood River, opening Friday, July 5, at 6 p.m.
Finalists include Carla Axtman, Judi Baker, Ron Campbell, Brian Chambers, Stephen Datnoff, Irene Fields, Gary Fields, Mike Godsey, Doug Gorsline, Leah Hedberg, Michel Hersen, Jurgen Hess, Michael Horodyski, Don Jacobson, Adam Lapierre, Darryl Lloyd, Warren Morgan, Michael Peterson, Daniel Rappaport, David Ryan, Christian Smith, Sherry Stellar, Kelsey Underhill and Jay Webber.
Sixty-eight photographers from the Gorge area and beyond submitted more than 300 images to this year’s contest, which was sponsored by Friends of the Columbia Gorge and Pro Photo Supply in Portland.
Three winners (first, second and third place) will be selected and awarded gift cards for Pro Photo Supply the evening of Friday, July 5, at 6:30 p.m. during the First Friday opening night festivities at Columbia Art Gallery, located at 215 Cascade Ave., Hood River.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
- Letters to the Editor for July 23
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge