Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Columbia Art Gallery has announced the finalists for its “The Earth Laughs In Flowers” juried photography competition. Their work will be featured in a month-long show at the gallery in Hood River, opening Friday, July 5, at 6 p.m.
Finalists include Carla Axtman, Judi Baker, Ron Campbell, Brian Chambers, Stephen Datnoff, Irene Fields, Gary Fields, Mike Godsey, Doug Gorsline, Leah Hedberg, Michel Hersen, Jurgen Hess, Michael Horodyski, Don Jacobson, Adam Lapierre, Darryl Lloyd, Warren Morgan, Michael Peterson, Daniel Rappaport, David Ryan, Christian Smith, Sherry Stellar, Kelsey Underhill and Jay Webber.
Sixty-eight photographers from the Gorge area and beyond submitted more than 300 images to this year’s contest, which was sponsored by Friends of the Columbia Gorge and Pro Photo Supply in Portland.
Three winners (first, second and third place) will be selected and awarded gift cards for Pro Photo Supply the evening of Friday, July 5, at 6:30 p.m. during the First Friday opening night festivities at Columbia Art Gallery, located at 215 Cascade Ave., Hood River.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge