Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Columbia Art Gallery has announced the finalists for its “The Earth Laughs In Flowers” juried photography competition. Their work will be featured in a month-long show at the gallery in Hood River, opening Friday, July 5, at 6 p.m.
Finalists include Carla Axtman, Judi Baker, Ron Campbell, Brian Chambers, Stephen Datnoff, Irene Fields, Gary Fields, Mike Godsey, Doug Gorsline, Leah Hedberg, Michel Hersen, Jurgen Hess, Michael Horodyski, Don Jacobson, Adam Lapierre, Darryl Lloyd, Warren Morgan, Michael Peterson, Daniel Rappaport, David Ryan, Christian Smith, Sherry Stellar, Kelsey Underhill and Jay Webber.
Sixty-eight photographers from the Gorge area and beyond submitted more than 300 images to this year’s contest, which was sponsored by Friends of the Columbia Gorge and Pro Photo Supply in Portland.
Three winners (first, second and third place) will be selected and awarded gift cards for Pro Photo Supply the evening of Friday, July 5, at 6:30 p.m. during the First Friday opening night festivities at Columbia Art Gallery, located at 215 Cascade Ave., Hood River.
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge