Tuesday, June 18, 2013
This week volunteers at Adopt A Dog have selected Toby as the program’s adoptable pet of the week. They describe him as follows:
“Toby is an adorable 6-month-old, about 9-pound, male poodle/Chihuahua mix (we were told). He is currently blossoming in foster care and turning into a very fun, playful guy.
“Toby can be timid and was not doing well at another shelter, but in a quiet foster home he rapidly bonded with the people (although still afraid of the male in the household), and is starting to have a good time with the resident dogs.
“Toby accepts being crated just fine and is reportedly housetrained. He is quiet most of the time, walks very nicely on leash and is fine around the family cat. This little guy just wants a home (no small kids is recommended) where he can feel safe and flourish! A dog buddy to play with would be great, too!”
Toby is current on shots, micro-chipped and neutered. The adoption fee for Toby is $180; cash or check only, please. The fee to adopt is charged to recoup standard veterinary expenses.
Since many of AAD’s dogs are in foster care, please call ahead to meet Toby at the Hukari Animal Shelter, 3910 Heron Drive, Odell; 541-354-1083. Adoption hours are Wednesdays from 5-7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9-11 a.m. Applications may be downloaded at www.hoodriveradoptadog.org and faxed to 877-833-7166.
The Adopt A Dog program offers 24PetWatch microchips, which include free registration into the 24PetWatch pet recovery service. (For more information visit www.24petwatch.com or call 866-597-2424.)
More like this story
- Update -- Police seeking man involved in kidnapping between Mosier, Portland
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge