Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Interstate 84 westbound lanes west of Cascade Locks were briefly blocked Sunday afternoon when a travel trailer overturned. One person received minor injury not requiring transport to a hospital.
According to Oregon State Police Trooper Mark Jubitz, at approximately 3:35 p.m., a 2003 Chevrolet Suburban driven by a 53-year old Portland woman pulling a Komfort travel trailer was westbound on I-84 near milepost 42 when the trailer began to fishtail.
The driver lost control and collided into the north side guardrail on an overpass. Both vehicle and trailer spun and came to a stop with the travel trailer on its side blocking the westbound lanes for approximately 30 minutes until one lane was opened.
The adult male passenger was not injured and the driver had minor injury. Both were using safety restraints.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge