Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Interstate 84 westbound lanes west of Cascade Locks were briefly blocked Sunday afternoon when a travel trailer overturned. One person received minor injury not requiring transport to a hospital.
According to Oregon State Police Trooper Mark Jubitz, at approximately 3:35 p.m., a 2003 Chevrolet Suburban driven by a 53-year old Portland woman pulling a Komfort travel trailer was westbound on I-84 near milepost 42 when the trailer began to fishtail.
The driver lost control and collided into the north side guardrail on an overpass. Both vehicle and trailer spun and came to a stop with the travel trailer on its side blocking the westbound lanes for approximately 30 minutes until one lane was opened.
The adult male passenger was not injured and the driver had minor injury. Both were using safety restraints.
More like this story
- Into the thick of 'thinning'
- Hood River School Board okays bond request
- What's going on for Valentine's and President's Day?
- Cascade Locks Port will rebuild historic engine building
- Gorge Foundation gains major donation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 13
- Arts center celebrates 10 years with free Kick-Off Party
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 13
- Editorial: Pool Queue
- City Council approves ‘symbolic’ step on gun control