Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Interstate 84 westbound lanes west of Cascade Locks were briefly blocked Sunday afternoon when a travel trailer overturned. One person received minor injury not requiring transport to a hospital.
According to Oregon State Police Trooper Mark Jubitz, at approximately 3:35 p.m., a 2003 Chevrolet Suburban driven by a 53-year old Portland woman pulling a Komfort travel trailer was westbound on I-84 near milepost 42 when the trailer began to fishtail.
The driver lost control and collided into the north side guardrail on an overpass. Both vehicle and trailer spun and came to a stop with the travel trailer on its side blocking the westbound lanes for approximately 30 minutes until one lane was opened.
The adult male passenger was not injured and the driver had minor injury. Both were using safety restraints.
More like this story
- Holiday Happenings, updated for Dec. 16 edition
- Service Announcement for Dec. 16:
- Team Osprey competes in Bend Winter Invitational
- Sports briefs for Dec. 13
- Letters to the Editor for Dec. 13
- Off the Rails: Protest oil train regulation rollback
- Hood River Bridge replacement: Understanding the WHATs
- Sheriff's Log, Nov. 26 to Dec. 10
- Happiness Month profile: Slowing down with ‘The Daily Three’
- Menorah Installed