Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Interstate 84 westbound lanes west of Cascade Locks were briefly blocked Sunday afternoon when a travel trailer overturned. One person received minor injury not requiring transport to a hospital.
According to Oregon State Police Trooper Mark Jubitz, at approximately 3:35 p.m., a 2003 Chevrolet Suburban driven by a 53-year old Portland woman pulling a Komfort travel trailer was westbound on I-84 near milepost 42 when the trailer began to fishtail.
The driver lost control and collided into the north side guardrail on an overpass. Both vehicle and trailer spun and came to a stop with the travel trailer on its side blocking the westbound lanes for approximately 30 minutes until one lane was opened.
The adult male passenger was not injured and the driver had minor injury. Both were using safety restraints.
More like this story
- Vandalized sign prompts security precautions at CL School Friday
- Death Notices for Oct. 1: Jack Stone, Jack Stone, Viola Wells, and Gerald Culp
- Service Announcement for Oct. 1: Calvin Peck
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge