Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Interstate 84 westbound lanes west of Cascade Locks were briefly blocked Sunday afternoon when a travel trailer overturned. One person received minor injury not requiring transport to a hospital.
According to Oregon State Police Trooper Mark Jubitz, at approximately 3:35 p.m., a 2003 Chevrolet Suburban driven by a 53-year old Portland woman pulling a Komfort travel trailer was westbound on I-84 near milepost 42 when the trailer began to fishtail.
The driver lost control and collided into the north side guardrail on an overpass. Both vehicle and trailer spun and came to a stop with the travel trailer on its side blocking the westbound lanes for approximately 30 minutes until one lane was opened.
The adult male passenger was not injured and the driver had minor injury. Both were using safety restraints.
More like this story
- Reader Photos: Enjoying the Eclipse
- Eclipse Scenes
- Pet of the Week: Roxy is happy, friendly girl
- ‘Walk with Ease’ starts in September
- ‘Terrific Tale of Thumbelina’ Aug. 25 at Arts Center
- Police Log, Aug. 7 to 13
- ‘Wheels of Hope’ nominations sought
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 19
- EDITOR’S NOTEBOOK: Two guys, one contested parking space, two police officers: one wonders
- Church News: St. Mary’s holds retirement party for Rev. Maag
Planet Fly at Pfriem
The band Planet Fly plays at Pfriem in an outdoor concert. Enlarge