Friday, June 21, 2013
Cooper Spur Mountain Resort inaugurates its new Crooked Tree Tavern next Tuesday.
In addition to food and beer, there will be live music and lawn games, and it all happens from 5-9 p.m.
Crooked Tree is located in the remodeled lobby area of the inn, located on Cooper Spur Road south of Parkdale.
On the menu for the event are hamburgers, chicken sausages, corn on the cob and more, with the meats from Mt. Shadow Natural Meats. Accompanying the barbecue will be beer sampling by Solera Brewery, Logsdon Farmhouse Ales, Double Mountain Brewery, Everybody’s Brewing and Pfriem Family Brewers.
Viasol will provide live music and they plan to carry you into their spectacular world of sounds with their original funk jazz. Lodging discounts are available. There will also be some giveaways, restaurant coupons and raffles for a free night stay at Cooper Spur Mountain Resort.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge