Friday, June 21, 2013
Cooper Spur Mountain Resort inaugurates its new Crooked Tree Tavern next Tuesday.
In addition to food and beer, there will be live music and lawn games, and it all happens from 5-9 p.m.
Crooked Tree is located in the remodeled lobby area of the inn, located on Cooper Spur Road south of Parkdale.
On the menu for the event are hamburgers, chicken sausages, corn on the cob and more, with the meats from Mt. Shadow Natural Meats. Accompanying the barbecue will be beer sampling by Solera Brewery, Logsdon Farmhouse Ales, Double Mountain Brewery, Everybody’s Brewing and Pfriem Family Brewers.
Viasol will provide live music and they plan to carry you into their spectacular world of sounds with their original funk jazz. Lodging discounts are available. There will also be some giveaways, restaurant coupons and raffles for a free night stay at Cooper Spur Mountain Resort.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for May 28
- Mercado del Valle opens June 2 in new location
- Marble and Shepherd are Elks Students of the Month for May
- Riverside UCC votes for fossil fuel divestment
- Sheriff Log, May 15 to 22
- Community Baby Shower June 4
- ‘Air Panther’ goes aloft
- HRV beats OES, Lincoln, to take sailing state championship
- HRV girls lax wins inaugural Navy championship
- HRV baseball routs Eagle Point in Battle of the Eagles, advances to quarterfinal matchup with Ashland
Lawnmower torches Arbor Vitae on Portland Drive
The riding lawn mower driven by Norma Cannon overheated and made contact with dry arbor vitae owned by Lee and Norma Curtis, sending more than a dozen of the tightly-packed trees up in flames. The mower, visible at far right, was totaled. No one was injured; neighbors first kept the fire at bay with garden hoses and Westside and Hood River Fire Departments responded and doused the fire before it reached any structures. Westside Fire chief Jim Trammell, in blue shirt, directs firefighters. The video was taken by Capt. Dave Smith of Hood River Fire Department. Enlarge