Friday, June 21, 2013
The Gorge Technology Alliance hosts a presentation on June 25th by Marcia Buser on what it takes for an organization to register to the ISO 9001 and AS9100 standards.
The presentation will start soon after 6 p.m. at the White Buffalo, 4040 Westcliff Dr.
Buser will also cover how to select a registrar, tips for success, common mistakes and examples of quality documents, and she will include plenty of time for questions. Cost is $10 for non-GTA members, appetizers included.
The ISO 9000 family of standards is related to quality management systems and designed to help businesses ensure that they meet the needs of customers and other stakeholders while meeting statutory and regulatory requirements related to their product.
The standards are published by ISO, the International Organization for Standardization. ISO 9001 deals with the requirements that businesses wishing to meet the standard have to fulfill. AS9100 is a widely adopted and standardized quality management system specific to the aerospace industry.
The Gorge Technology Alliance supports, connects and develops the technology community of the Columbia River Gorge.
It meets each month with networking and educational opportunities. Learn more about this month’s presenter or about the GTA at crgta.org.
More like this story
- A wish and a zip: Hawks Ridge residents enjoy adventure aloft
- Fascia findings: Acupuncturist Susan Froehlich attends international congress
- ‘Paws for a Cause’ event returns Oct. 15
- Public Records – Circuit Court, September 2015
- Public Records -- Building Permits, city
- Harmony of the Gorge invites women to sing for the holidays
- Providence seeks nominations for 2015 ‘Heart Of Gold’ award
- CHURCH NEWS: Revival in Parkdale, Odell, Hood River
- Learn about tours to support Providence scholarship fund
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 3
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge