Friday, June 21, 2013
The Gorge Technology Alliance hosts a presentation on June 25th by Marcia Buser on what it takes for an organization to register to the ISO 9001 and AS9100 standards.
The presentation will start soon after 6 p.m. at the White Buffalo, 4040 Westcliff Dr.
Buser will also cover how to select a registrar, tips for success, common mistakes and examples of quality documents, and she will include plenty of time for questions. Cost is $10 for non-GTA members, appetizers included.
The ISO 9000 family of standards is related to quality management systems and designed to help businesses ensure that they meet the needs of customers and other stakeholders while meeting statutory and regulatory requirements related to their product.
The standards are published by ISO, the International Organization for Standardization. ISO 9001 deals with the requirements that businesses wishing to meet the standard have to fulfill. AS9100 is a widely adopted and standardized quality management system specific to the aerospace industry.
The Gorge Technology Alliance supports, connects and develops the technology community of the Columbia River Gorge.
It meets each month with networking and educational opportunities. Learn more about this month’s presenter or about the GTA at crgta.org.
More like this story
- Service announcements for Oct. 29: Jennifer Ringlbauer and Bertha Gallagher
- Death notices for Oct. 29: Mary Hoyt and Manuel Zamudio
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge