Friday, June 21, 2013
The Gorge Technology Alliance hosts a presentation on June 25th by Marcia Buser on what it takes for an organization to register to the ISO 9001 and AS9100 standards.
The presentation will start soon after 6 p.m. at the White Buffalo, 4040 Westcliff Dr.
Buser will also cover how to select a registrar, tips for success, common mistakes and examples of quality documents, and she will include plenty of time for questions. Cost is $10 for non-GTA members, appetizers included.
The ISO 9000 family of standards is related to quality management systems and designed to help businesses ensure that they meet the needs of customers and other stakeholders while meeting statutory and regulatory requirements related to their product.
The standards are published by ISO, the International Organization for Standardization. ISO 9001 deals with the requirements that businesses wishing to meet the standard have to fulfill. AS9100 is a widely adopted and standardized quality management system specific to the aerospace industry.
The Gorge Technology Alliance supports, connects and develops the technology community of the Columbia River Gorge.
It meets each month with networking and educational opportunities. Learn more about this month’s presenter or about the GTA at crgta.org.
More like this story
- YESTERYEARS: New Safeway store on Second and Cascade expected in 1947
- Pritchett, Haskins to wed
- Roots and Branches: Cherry Harvest
- Pick of the Week: Children’s Park public meeting July 20
- Travelogue: Panama
- Another Voice: Juntos program ‘critical to success of students in their education’
- Editor's Notebook: By George, one’s own name is a basic sweet spot in your sense of identity
- Letters to the Editor for July 19
- Another Voice: Preserve our agricultural heritage by making Tanner Ranch a park
- The comfort of quilts: Comfort Quilt Project underway at Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital
Peter Marbach hurries to save his tent from the wind
Peter Marbach comes to the rescue of his wind blown tent. Enlarge