Friday, June 21, 2013
Hood River Hood River Bridge Users please be advised:
The Hood River Bridge will be lifting the center span for sailing vessels The Lady Washington and The Hawaiian Chieftain on Friday, June 21, from approx. 2:00-3:00 p.m.
A routine inspection of the Bridge will also begin on June 21. Climbers wil be visible on the bridge between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Traffic will be interrupted for short periods as they begin and end for the day.
On Wednesday, June 26, a one-lane closure will occur after the morning commute for about two hours. The crews will be inspecting the bridge deck.
Climbers are aware of the Osprey nesting on the lift span.
If you have any questions please contact the Hood River Port Office at (541) 386-1645
More like this story
- Columbia Gorge Express bus starts Memorial Day weekend
- Missing woman reported, last seen in Stevenson
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party fun
- Memorial Day Weekend events … and beyond
- DRAGON DASH
- Acute story
- Memorial Day service, May 29 at Idlewilde
- Sports briefs for May 27
- Columbia Gorge Genealogical Society meets June 10 at Discovery Center
- The Dalles museums offer free admission for military
Hood River firefighters battle Heights blaze
Hood River firefighters tackled an early morning fire at an answering service in the Heights Wednesday morning. The 1 a.m fire was caused by an electrical panel and eventually gutted the office. Enlarge