Friday, June 21, 2013
Hood River Hood River Bridge Users please be advised:
The Hood River Bridge will be lifting the center span for sailing vessels The Lady Washington and The Hawaiian Chieftain on Friday, June 21, from approx. 2:00-3:00 p.m.
A routine inspection of the Bridge will also begin on June 21. Climbers wil be visible on the bridge between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Traffic will be interrupted for short periods as they begin and end for the day.
On Wednesday, June 26, a one-lane closure will occur after the morning commute for about two hours. The crews will be inspecting the bridge deck.
Climbers are aware of the Osprey nesting on the lift span.
If you have any questions please contact the Hood River Port Office at (541) 386-1645
More like this story
- Gorge quilters featured in area shows this summer and fall
- Entertainment Update for July 30
- ‘American Pickers’ seeks local troves
- Richard Tillinghast concert at library Aug 10
- Gorge Soup art grant applications due Aug. 20
- Elections 2016: Gudman talks state treasurer bid during Hood River visit
- Ways of the Wind: July weather a windfall
- ‘Officer Friendly’ Sergeant Jesse Flem retires after 30 years
- Summer construction closes roads in Mount Hood National Forest
- Chief Wells resigns from Fire Dept.
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge