Friday, June 21, 2013
Hood River Hood River Bridge Users please be advised:
The Hood River Bridge will be lifting the center span for sailing vessels The Lady Washington and The Hawaiian Chieftain on Friday, June 21, from approx. 2:00-3:00 p.m.
A routine inspection of the Bridge will also begin on June 21. Climbers wil be visible on the bridge between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Traffic will be interrupted for short periods as they begin and end for the day.
On Wednesday, June 26, a one-lane closure will occur after the morning commute for about two hours. The crews will be inspecting the bridge deck.
Climbers are aware of the Osprey nesting on the lift span.
If you have any questions please contact the Hood River Port Office at (541) 386-1645
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 30
- Vital Content: The Web would be sparse landscape without newspapers
- Love Your Columbia In CL, tribal leaders lead salmon viewing Oct. 8
- Warm Springs tribe member describes Dakota pipeline experiences Oct. 4 at RCC
- Church Notes: ‘Die Wise’ book program starts Sunday at Riverside
- Ribbon cutting at Museum
- Mediation training at Six Rivers starts Oct. 6
- May Street celebrates Walk/Bike to School Day
- Food insecurity: 'Harvesting’ art exhibit, meal and public conversation in downtown HR Oct. 7
- 12th Street opens
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge