Friday, June 21, 2013
Hood River Hood River Bridge Users please be advised:
The Hood River Bridge will be lifting the center span for sailing vessels The Lady Washington and The Hawaiian Chieftain on Friday, June 21, from approx. 2:00-3:00 p.m.
A routine inspection of the Bridge will also begin on June 21. Climbers wil be visible on the bridge between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Traffic will be interrupted for short periods as they begin and end for the day.
On Wednesday, June 26, a one-lane closure will occur after the morning commute for about two hours. The crews will be inspecting the bridge deck.
Climbers are aware of the Osprey nesting on the lift span.
If you have any questions please contact the Hood River Port Office at (541) 386-1645
More like this story
- Yesteryears: Postal Route 6 added to HR Postal Service 1975
- Art Sale and Show at CCA
- Wy’east lists first-quarter honor roll
- How to Help, updated for Nov. 25
- Friends of Mt. Adams host ‘Cougar Creek burn’ forum
- Freeze Frames
- Daily Bread: The parting gift
- Travelogue: Family’s two-year sojourn in Bangkok connects them to the people
- Ornament sale benefits Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Gorge Owned presents ‘Glacier Caves of the Pacific Northwest’
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge