Friday, June 21, 2013
The 2013 Mt. Hood Cycling Classic started Friday morning with the first of four stages over the next three days. Pictured here is Friday's Columbia Hills Road Race east of The Dalles. Saturday racing features the Scenic Gorge Time Trial between The Dalles and Hood River and, the fan favorite, the Downtown Hood River Criterium. Sunday is the Three Summits Road Race in the upper valley ending at Cooper Spur Ski Area.
Saturday's downtown racing action climaxes at 6:45 p.m. with the pro women and 7:40 p.m. with the pro men based in front of Full Sail Brewing.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for April 29
- Library District wins award for Odell Library Express project
- OSU spring plant sale canceled
- HRVHS music students win spots at state championships in May
- Summer youth employment at Next Door
- Patterson takes second at Oregon Speech event
- Delta Kappa marks 50 years, holds Spring Fling Bingo May 13
- Steelhead Robotics returns from World event
- Local students named to OSU honor roll
- Destination Imagination team prepares for Global Finals
I Can't Keep Quiet singers at "Citizen Town Hall"
‘I can’t keep quiet,’ sing members of an impromptu choir in front of Hood River Middle School Saturday prior to the citizen town hall for questions to Rep. Greg Walden. The song addresses female empowerment generally and sexual violence implicitly, and gained prominence during the International Women’s Day events in January. The singers braved a sudden squall to finish their song and about 220 people gathered in HRMS auditorium, which will be the scene of the April 12 town hall with Rep. Greg Walden, at 3 p.m. Enlarge