Friday, June 21, 2013
The 2013 Mt. Hood Cycling Classic started Friday morning with the first of four stages over the next three days. Pictured here is Friday's Columbia Hills Road Race east of The Dalles. Saturday racing features the Scenic Gorge Time Trial between The Dalles and Hood River and, the fan favorite, the Downtown Hood River Criterium. Sunday is the Three Summits Road Race in the upper valley ending at Cooper Spur Ski Area.
Saturday's downtown racing action climaxes at 6:45 p.m. with the pro women and 7:40 p.m. with the pro men based in front of Full Sail Brewing.
More like this story
- Hood River County to direct $550K for park septic fixes
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge