Friday, June 21, 2013
The 2013 Mt. Hood Cycling Classic started Friday morning with the first of four stages over the next three days. Pictured here is Friday's Columbia Hills Road Race east of The Dalles. Saturday racing features the Scenic Gorge Time Trial between The Dalles and Hood River and, the fan favorite, the Downtown Hood River Criterium. Sunday is the Three Summits Road Race in the upper valley ending at Cooper Spur Ski Area.
Saturday's downtown racing action climaxes at 6:45 p.m. with the pro women and 7:40 p.m. with the pro men based in front of Full Sail Brewing.
More like this story
- HRMS teacher studies in Germany
- Police Log, Aug. 17 to 23
- Sheriff Log, Aug. 14 to 24
- Soccer Assist: Kudos for thoughtful behind-scenes work
- Letters to the Editor for Aug. 29
- Editor's Notebook: Roanoke tragedy asks, ‘are we slaves to our technology?’
- Gorge Kids Tri adds music fest to lineup
- The Porch for Aug. 29
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 29
- Walmart sells 16.3 acres to Ryan’s Juice
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge