Friday, June 21, 2013
The 2013 Mt. Hood Cycling Classic started Friday morning with the first of four stages over the next three days. Pictured here is Friday's Columbia Hills Road Race east of The Dalles. Saturday racing features the Scenic Gorge Time Trial between The Dalles and Hood River and, the fan favorite, the Downtown Hood River Criterium. Sunday is the Three Summits Road Race in the upper valley ending at Cooper Spur Ski Area.
Saturday's downtown racing action climaxes at 6:45 p.m. with the pro women and 7:40 p.m. with the pro men based in front of Full Sail Brewing.
More like this story
- On Stage for Christmas
- Gorge Kids in Action — filling a wish list for others
- Looking for fun? Try mini-golf this weekend
- Warm gifts: Parkhurst says thank you
- Hospice Youth thanks veterans for their service
- Lions grocery contest winners announced
- Columbia Art Center ‘Nook’ features artist Steve Stegall
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 28
- Minoru Yasui: Governor adds to Hood River native’s Presidential Medal of Freedom honor
- Class of ’66 seeks classmates
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge