Friday, June 21, 2013
Hood River County School plans to adopt the 2013-14 district budget in its meeting June 26, 6:30 p.m. at the District Office.
Anyone wishing to comment on the budget will have an opportunity early in the meeting.
The meeting will be the last one for board members James Sims and Jeff Kopecky, and for staff members including Supt. Charlie Beck, curriculum director Penny Grotting, finance manager Nick Hogan, and HRVHS vice principal Todd McCauley.
Also on the agenda is a presentation of the Oregon Council of Teachers Math Award to district math teacher Jane Osborne.
New superintendent Dan Goldman starts work officially July 1, though he has been spending time in Hood River with the district transition team.
Beck has formally retired but will take a half-time job with Harney County ESD. Grotting and McCauley have accepted positions with other education districts.
More like this story
- Parkdale Pumpkin parade, fun run Oct. 29
- HR artist crafts White Salmon sign
- Three appeals filed on UP’s Mosier track project
- Search suspended for west Gorge hiker
- Yesteryears: Trailer-house colony plan to ease housing shortage abandoned in 1946
- Police Log, Oct. 1 to 8
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 26
- ‘Remember Minoru’: Hood River community honors a civil rights hero
- Entertainment Update for Oct. 26
- The Ale List: pFriem ranks tops in Oregonian brewery list
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge