Friday, June 21, 2013
Hood River County School plans to adopt the 2013-14 district budget in its meeting June 26, 6:30 p.m. at the District Office.
Anyone wishing to comment on the budget will have an opportunity early in the meeting.
The meeting will be the last one for board members James Sims and Jeff Kopecky, and for staff members including Supt. Charlie Beck, curriculum director Penny Grotting, finance manager Nick Hogan, and HRVHS vice principal Todd McCauley.
Also on the agenda is a presentation of the Oregon Council of Teachers Math Award to district math teacher Jane Osborne.
New superintendent Dan Goldman starts work officially July 1, though he has been spending time in Hood River with the district transition team.
Beck has formally retired but will take a half-time job with Harney County ESD. Grotting and McCauley have accepted positions with other education districts.
More like this story
- Citizen group rises to oppose Westside plan
- Defeat the Heat: Officials urge safe beach use, paddling preparedness
- Culvert repair project at Indian Creek will begin June 26
- Students from Hood River selected for China trip
- Vintage bridal gowns now on display at History Museum
- The Porch for June 24
- Art of Community revised
- Letters to the Editor for June 24
- Hang up and walk: Distracted pedestrians are on the rise
- U.S. Hwy 30 bridge work underway
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge