Friday, June 21, 2013
Hood River County School plans to adopt the 2013-14 district budget in its meeting June 26, 6:30 p.m. at the District Office.
Anyone wishing to comment on the budget will have an opportunity early in the meeting.
The meeting will be the last one for board members James Sims and Jeff Kopecky, and for staff members including Supt. Charlie Beck, curriculum director Penny Grotting, finance manager Nick Hogan, and HRVHS vice principal Todd McCauley.
Also on the agenda is a presentation of the Oregon Council of Teachers Math Award to district math teacher Jane Osborne.
New superintendent Dan Goldman starts work officially July 1, though he has been spending time in Hood River with the district transition team.
Beck has formally retired but will take a half-time job with Harney County ESD. Grotting and McCauley have accepted positions with other education districts.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge