Friday, June 21, 2013
Cascade Locks’ Sternwheeler Days community celebration returns June 27-30.
Things get started June 27 when the annual Mountain Man encampment settles in on Thunder Island beginning at 4 p.m. These authentic re-enactors or pioneer and explorer ways will remain all weekend, demonstrating their skills and discussing 18th century ways in the great West.
Other highlights include Lions Bingo from noon to 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, and the 11 a.m. parade on Saturday, starting at Bridge of the Gods.
Eyeopener Lions host their annual breakfast Saturday and Sunday from 7-11 a.m.
There will be crafts and vendor booths, along with live music in Marine Park all weekend, and a Ducky Derby fundraiser from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday.
Parks and Rec holds a fundraiser dance on Friday, for all ages, from 7-9 p.m. in the pavilion.
Hood River News will carry full details in the June 26 edition.
More like this story
- Library announces Odell bus service
- Learn the art of personal storytelling
- Steelhead, Chinook fishing clinic Feb. 27
- Help library win ‘Million Page Challenge’
- Church News: Nazarene’s install new pastor
- Letters to the Editor for Feb. 6
- MAILS and Marijuana: Legislators right to work to stamp out a bad, old regulation
- Entertainment Update for Feb. 6
- The Porch: Feb. 6
- ‘Pass The Pig’: HRVHS plans FFA Week events