Friday, June 21, 2013
Cascade Locks’ Sternwheeler Days community celebration returns June 27-30.
Things get started June 27 when the annual Mountain Man encampment settles in on Thunder Island beginning at 4 p.m. These authentic re-enactors or pioneer and explorer ways will remain all weekend, demonstrating their skills and discussing 18th century ways in the great West.
Other highlights include Lions Bingo from noon to 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, and the 11 a.m. parade on Saturday, starting at Bridge of the Gods.
Eyeopener Lions host their annual breakfast Saturday and Sunday from 7-11 a.m.
There will be crafts and vendor booths, along with live music in Marine Park all weekend, and a Ducky Derby fundraiser from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday.
Parks and Rec holds a fundraiser dance on Friday, for all ages, from 7-9 p.m. in the pavilion.
Hood River News will carry full details in the June 26 edition.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge