Friday, June 21, 2013
Cascade Locks’ Sternwheeler Days community celebration returns June 27-30.
Things get started June 27 when the annual Mountain Man encampment settles in on Thunder Island beginning at 4 p.m. These authentic re-enactors or pioneer and explorer ways will remain all weekend, demonstrating their skills and discussing 18th century ways in the great West.
Other highlights include Lions Bingo from noon to 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, and the 11 a.m. parade on Saturday, starting at Bridge of the Gods.
Eyeopener Lions host their annual breakfast Saturday and Sunday from 7-11 a.m.
There will be crafts and vendor booths, along with live music in Marine Park all weekend, and a Ducky Derby fundraiser from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday.
Parks and Rec holds a fundraiser dance on Friday, for all ages, from 7-9 p.m. in the pavilion.
Hood River News will carry full details in the June 26 edition.
More like this story
- Letters to the Editor for June 21
- Another Voice: New legislation is win-win for community college students
- Fight leads to reported stabbing in Cascade Locks
- Former Hood River resident dies in wreck on I-84
- Columbia sturgeon season returns
- High Prairie Firehouse Sale back this weekend
- Roots and Branches: High energy children and the belief to succeed
- Entertainment Update for June 21
- Loretta and Patsy: Together Again
- Sports briefs for June 21
Hood River Valley High School graduation 2017
Scenes from graduation of the class of 2017 at Hood River Valley High School Enlarge