Tuesday, June 25, 2013
This summer Hood River Valley High School Health Media Club members, along with local summer school students and artist-in-residence Allison Bell Fox, will be creating two large murals for the Wy’east Middle School stadium.
“This is an enormous undertaking that I am hoping to involve kids and adults from the community to help with,” said Belinda Ballah, the Health Media advisor.
Ballah can be reached at 541-387-6890.
The murals will present prevention messages about the use of alcohol, drugs and tobacco.
The project will be created on 72 pieces of plywood at Mid Valley Elementary School and then transported to the stadium to be installed.
There are three ways the community can help:
n Donate paint — Exterior would be best but interior paint will also work.
This can be dropped off at the school on June 27 between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m., or by calling Ballah.
n Help with painting — Work parties are July 1-3, July 8-12 and July 15-19, from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Mid Valley Elementary.
n Help with installation — “We need to install the sheets of plywood before the county fair,” Ballah said. Specifically, the deadline is July 24, when fair preparations are under way.
“We anticipate having the project complete before or on July 19,” she said.
Installation will happen on weekdays between 7-3:30 p.m. and a lift will be available.
More like this story
- Peace Walk: Take steps for a ‘safe future’ on Wednesday
- ‘We Love You to China and Back’: Community rallies for local family on July 31
- Mosier groundwater contaminated after derailment spill
- Stage set for new waterfront buildings
- Hood River Farmers’ Market offers local produce, more
- July 23 Stoked anniversary bash helps LymeLight
- Paving closes exit 62
- Foster parent recruitment meeting July 25 in TD
- Gaulke Dental joins Hood River Dental
- Rand Road water line
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge