Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Goodwill Industries of the Columbia Willamette will host a job fair Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 700 Union St. in The Dalles.
The more than two dozen openings are to fill positions in the Goodwill Boutique in Hood River (expected to open mid-summer) and the Goodwill Superstore in The Dalles (aiming to open sometime during the fourth quarter of this year).
To save time, attendees are encouraged to stop by the Worksource office in The Dalles at 700 Union St., Ste. 105, to get registered on the days before the Job Fair with Worksource and Goodwill Job Connection. Contact Shawn Reese at 541-769-0644 or 503-489-2077, or e-mail email@example.com with any questions.
Applications will be taken and interviewers will be on-site for the following GICW positions:
n Cashier — Cashiers are responsible for maintaining excellent customer service, cash register operations, sales floor functions, and safeguarding company assets in an accurate and efficient manner.
n Production associate — The production associate primarily works in the processing area of the store, supporting the retail functions by handling a variety of donated goods and/or on the sales floor stocking shelves and providing customer service.
n Supervisor — This position supports the Goodwill Store or Boutique manager and follows specific guidelines and operates with minimal supervision.
This position acts as manager in the absence of assistant store manager and/or store manager.
Full job descriptions are available at The Dalles Worksource office.
For more information contact Goodwill’s Dale Emanuel at 503-572-0177.
More like this story
- Pick of the Week: Elks’ Oktoberfest returns Sept. 23
- Roots and Branches: There is no masking care
- YESTERYEARS: Odell Sanitation District opens bids for new plant in 1967
- Wy’east class of ’67 celebrates 50-year reunion
- Foster Parenting: Simple answers to a challenging task
- Success is one caring adult away
- Pet of the Week: Bojangles looking for an active family
- Letters to the Editor for Sept. 20 edition
- ‘Overwhelming enthusiasm’: Community comes together for firefighters
- Parkhurst Place plans ‘thank you’ this week for fire first responders
Governor visits Hood River during fire
Oregon Gov. Kate Brown visited Hood River Hotel Thursday morning, Sept. 14, discussing economic impacts of the Eagle Creek fire with local business leaders. Attendees included Sen. Chuck Thomsen, Mayor Paul Blackburn, and business representatives from Celilo Restaurant, Double Mountain Brewery and Cascade Locks' The Renewal Workshop. For updates on the fire, stay tuned at www.hoodrivernews.com. Enlarge