Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Goodwill Industries of the Columbia Willamette will host a job fair Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 700 Union St. in The Dalles.
The more than two dozen openings are to fill positions in the Goodwill Boutique in Hood River (expected to open mid-summer) and the Goodwill Superstore in The Dalles (aiming to open sometime during the fourth quarter of this year).
To save time, attendees are encouraged to stop by the Worksource office in The Dalles at 700 Union St., Ste. 105, to get registered on the days before the Job Fair with Worksource and Goodwill Job Connection. Contact Shawn Reese at 541-769-0644 or 503-489-2077, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Applications will be taken and interviewers will be on-site for the following GICW positions:
n Cashier — Cashiers are responsible for maintaining excellent customer service, cash register operations, sales floor functions, and safeguarding company assets in an accurate and efficient manner.
n Production associate — The production associate primarily works in the processing area of the store, supporting the retail functions by handling a variety of donated goods and/or on the sales floor stocking shelves and providing customer service.
n Supervisor — This position supports the Goodwill Store or Boutique manager and follows specific guidelines and operates with minimal supervision.
This position acts as manager in the absence of assistant store manager and/or store manager.
Full job descriptions are available at The Dalles Worksource office.
For more information contact Goodwill’s Dale Emanuel at 503-572-0177.
More like this story
- Death notices for Aug. 31: Robert Stratton and Dale Glasgow
- Author signing event at Waucoma Sept. 2
- Public records: Marriage permits, Aug. 1 to 22
- Pet of the Week: Bentley will make you wonder how you lived without him
- Genealogical Society meets Sept. 10
- ‘Our Whole Lives’ sexuality class for middle schoolers starts in fall
- A pastor called to a new house: Anna Carmichael of St. Mark's accepts position in California, passes Warming Shelter baton
- First Windermere golf tournament raises $6,000 for Stevenson Program
- Season Preview: Volleyball
- New teachers and licensed staff join Hood River County Schools
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge