Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Goodwill Industries of the Columbia Willamette will host a job fair Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 700 Union St. in The Dalles.
The more than two dozen openings are to fill positions in the Goodwill Boutique in Hood River (expected to open mid-summer) and the Goodwill Superstore in The Dalles (aiming to open sometime during the fourth quarter of this year).
To save time, attendees are encouraged to stop by the Worksource office in The Dalles at 700 Union St., Ste. 105, to get registered on the days before the Job Fair with Worksource and Goodwill Job Connection. Contact Shawn Reese at 541-769-0644 or 503-489-2077, or e-mail email@example.com with any questions.
Applications will be taken and interviewers will be on-site for the following GICW positions:
n Cashier — Cashiers are responsible for maintaining excellent customer service, cash register operations, sales floor functions, and safeguarding company assets in an accurate and efficient manner.
n Production associate — The production associate primarily works in the processing area of the store, supporting the retail functions by handling a variety of donated goods and/or on the sales floor stocking shelves and providing customer service.
n Supervisor — This position supports the Goodwill Store or Boutique manager and follows specific guidelines and operates with minimal supervision.
This position acts as manager in the absence of assistant store manager and/or store manager.
Full job descriptions are available at The Dalles Worksource office.
For more information contact Goodwill’s Dale Emanuel at 503-572-0177.
More like this story
- ‘Operation Dry Water’ this weekend
- The Next Door marks 45 years
- Letter to the Editor for June 25
- No to oil trains
- Another Voice: Trains in the Columbia Gorge are going in the wrong direction
- Another Voice: Parks District should focus efforts on a west side site, not Barrett property
- HRV students earn Ford Foundation scholarships
- This summer, 'Have a Free Book'
- New varsity basketball coaches Christopher Dirks and Donnie Herneisen look to reinvigorate HRV program
- Sports Briefs for June 25
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge