Tuesday, June 25, 2013
In celebration of a special summer archeology traveling exhibit during the months of June, July and August, The History Museum of Hood River County invites the public to a community picnic and primitive native weapon demonstration on the east museum lawn on June 27 at 5:30 p.m.
Bring your picnic supper and enjoy learning about how early Native Americans used an atlatl — a spear-propelling weapon that predated the bow and arrow.
The museum also hosts the following summer programs and activities:
The History Museum will offer a walking tour of downtown Hood River on Saturday, June 29. Knowledgeable museum staff will help participants explore the architecture, history and cultural importance of many of the city’s well-preserved buildings.
The tour will begin and end at Overlook Park on State Street and lasts about an hour. There is a $5 suggested donation.
For more information contact Carly Squyres at 541-386-6772 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
History through Yoga
On July from 9-10 a.m. at the museum, Angela Logan of Root Down Yoga will teach children different yoga postures that tell the story of HR County. Free admission for current members; $5 for nonmembers. Children need to bring their own mats.
For more info contact Carly Squyres at email@example.com or 541-386-6772.
More like this story
- Death notices, Sept. 28: Vera Owen, James Robinson, Clarence Lowell, Scott Burnett and Eva Morales Sanchez
- Service Announcement, Sept. 24: Berna Carter
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge