Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Radio Tierra presents “Here in the Gorge” on Tuesday evenings at 6:30 p.m.
The show introduces you to people who make the Gorge fun, livable, interesting. For the coming weeks hosts Gale Arnold and Susan Hess will be focusing on water — playing in it, protecting it, using it, studying it, loving it.
Radio Tierra KZAS, broadcasts at 95.1 FM Hood River and White Salmon and 107.7 in The Dalles.
n June 25 — Jaco Klinkenberg, Wet Planet Whitewater
n July 2 — John Buckley, East Fork Irrigation District
n July 9 — Lorri Epstein, Columbia Riverkeeper
n July 16 — Ruth Berkowitz and Maya Rayle, Sailing the Pacific Ocean
n July 23 — Chief Davis Washines, Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fisheries Enforcement
Last week Ben Stenn, chef and co-owner of Celilo Restaurant, made us cheer again all the local summer fruits and vegetables.
While doing that, he talked about the many water conservation measures one of their produce providers, Zion Farm, has put in place.
More like this story
- Entertainment Update for Aug. 24
- Music Festival of the Gorge Sept. 17
- Cult-classic ‘Rocky Horror Show’ comes to the Gorge
- Audition for ‘Owen Meany’s Christmas Pageant’ Sept. 8, 10
- Marbach launches ‘Columbia – Source To Sea’ campaign
- As time — and transportation — move on, so does Hood River
- Yesteryears: Lost Lake, found, 56 years ago this summer — in 1936
- ‘Get Outside for Education’ Aug. 27
- Hood Crest goes from whim to solid rock ‘n wood winery
- YoHOHs spread summer cheer
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge