Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Radio Tierra presents “Here in the Gorge” on Tuesday evenings at 6:30 p.m.
The show introduces you to people who make the Gorge fun, livable, interesting. For the coming weeks hosts Gale Arnold and Susan Hess will be focusing on water — playing in it, protecting it, using it, studying it, loving it.
Radio Tierra KZAS, broadcasts at 95.1 FM Hood River and White Salmon and 107.7 in The Dalles.
n June 25 — Jaco Klinkenberg, Wet Planet Whitewater
n July 2 — John Buckley, East Fork Irrigation District
n July 9 — Lorri Epstein, Columbia Riverkeeper
n July 16 — Ruth Berkowitz and Maya Rayle, Sailing the Pacific Ocean
n July 23 — Chief Davis Washines, Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fisheries Enforcement
Last week Ben Stenn, chef and co-owner of Celilo Restaurant, made us cheer again all the local summer fruits and vegetables.
While doing that, he talked about the many water conservation measures one of their produce providers, Zion Farm, has put in place.
More like this story
- Fire burns Underwood Fruit & Warehouse Wednesday
- Second annual ‘Rooted’ story event on Nov. 2
- HRVAC hosts harvest dinner
- Eagle Creek fire info meetings Oct. 17-18 in CL, HR
- Local farm named among ‘Best Places to Pick Apples’
- Colors Day
- Two quilt shows in the Gorge
- Roots and Branches: Principles set in stone
- YESTERYEARS: Cooper Spur district gets electric service in 1947
- Letters to the Editor, Oct. 18 edition
Sixth Annual Harvest Fest Pie Eating Contest
The sixth annual Pie Eating Contest at Hood River Harvest Fest is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce and HRVHS youth service group Leaders for Tomorrow. HRVHS student Dylan Polewczyk won the 1-minute fruit-pie eating event. Key rule, as stated by Chamber President Jason Shaner, “You have to eat the pie, you can’t just dislocate it. We will be checking for pie dislocation.” Enlarge