Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Radio Tierra presents “Here in the Gorge” on Tuesday evenings at 6:30 p.m.
The show introduces you to people who make the Gorge fun, livable, interesting. For the coming weeks hosts Gale Arnold and Susan Hess will be focusing on water — playing in it, protecting it, using it, studying it, loving it.
Radio Tierra KZAS, broadcasts at 95.1 FM Hood River and White Salmon and 107.7 in The Dalles.
n June 25 — Jaco Klinkenberg, Wet Planet Whitewater
n July 2 — John Buckley, East Fork Irrigation District
n July 9 — Lorri Epstein, Columbia Riverkeeper
n July 16 — Ruth Berkowitz and Maya Rayle, Sailing the Pacific Ocean
n July 23 — Chief Davis Washines, Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fisheries Enforcement
Last week Ben Stenn, chef and co-owner of Celilo Restaurant, made us cheer again all the local summer fruits and vegetables.
While doing that, he talked about the many water conservation measures one of their produce providers, Zion Farm, has put in place.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge