Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Radio Tierra presents “Here in the Gorge” on Tuesday evenings at 6:30 p.m.
The show introduces you to people who make the Gorge fun, livable, interesting. For the coming weeks hosts Gale Arnold and Susan Hess will be focusing on water — playing in it, protecting it, using it, studying it, loving it.
Radio Tierra KZAS, broadcasts at 95.1 FM Hood River and White Salmon and 107.7 in The Dalles.
n June 25 — Jaco Klinkenberg, Wet Planet Whitewater
n July 2 — John Buckley, East Fork Irrigation District
n July 9 — Lorri Epstein, Columbia Riverkeeper
n July 16 — Ruth Berkowitz and Maya Rayle, Sailing the Pacific Ocean
n July 23 — Chief Davis Washines, Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fisheries Enforcement
Last week Ben Stenn, chef and co-owner of Celilo Restaurant, made us cheer again all the local summer fruits and vegetables.
While doing that, he talked about the many water conservation measures one of their produce providers, Zion Farm, has put in place.
More like this story
- Back to school for students in Hood River County
- Cascade Observations: Looking back, looking ahead
- HRV Health Center opens
- Wine takes center stage this week, weekend
- Yesteryears: Cornerstone laid at new St. Mark’s in 1925
- Entertainment Update for Sept. 2
- Columbia Gorge Discovery Center dedicates renewable energy exhibit
- Pet of the Week: Angelina loves car rides, long walks
- Public Records — Marriage Permits, July 31 to Aug. 31
- Sheriff's Log, Aug. 23 to 30
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge