Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Radio Tierra presents “Here in the Gorge” on Tuesday evenings at 6:30 p.m.
The show introduces you to people who make the Gorge fun, livable, interesting. For the coming weeks hosts Gale Arnold and Susan Hess will be focusing on water — playing in it, protecting it, using it, studying it, loving it.
Radio Tierra KZAS, broadcasts at 95.1 FM Hood River and White Salmon and 107.7 in The Dalles.
n June 25 — Jaco Klinkenberg, Wet Planet Whitewater
n July 2 — John Buckley, East Fork Irrigation District
n July 9 — Lorri Epstein, Columbia Riverkeeper
n July 16 — Ruth Berkowitz and Maya Rayle, Sailing the Pacific Ocean
n July 23 — Chief Davis Washines, Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fisheries Enforcement
Last week Ben Stenn, chef and co-owner of Celilo Restaurant, made us cheer again all the local summer fruits and vegetables.
While doing that, he talked about the many water conservation measures one of their produce providers, Zion Farm, has put in place.
More like this story
- Death notices, Sept. 28: Vera Owen, James Robinson, Clarence Lowell, Scott Burnett and Eva Morales Sanchez
- Service Announcement, Sept. 27: Berna Carter
- Union Update
- ‘Superheroes’ come running: CASA holds fourth annual Fun Run Oct. 9
- Roald Dahl Trivia Challenge is Oct. 21
- EnviroGorge Kids announces summer writing winners
- Tribal members protest Nestlé deal in Salem
- Downtown walking tours return Sept. 26
- Fresh Start program holds graduates’ dinner Oct. 19
- ‘Genealogy Jamboree’ at Discovery Center Oct. 8
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge