Tuesday, June 25, 2013
A local group, Half the Gorge Sky, is sponsoring a High Tea at the Wilinda Blueberry Patch, 730 Frankton Road, from 3-6 p.m. June 29. There will be traditional English sweets and savories, punch and raffle items, and, of course, tea.
Tickets are $20 for adults, $10 for children. All proceeds go directly to the Kitovu Hospital, Uganda, for fistula repair: a devastating injury that occurs as a result of obstruction in childbirth or rape at an early age.
Tickets are available at Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River and Klindt’s Booksellers in The Dalles.
For more information contact Linda Chamberlain at 801 556-7964 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- ‘Weather Spotters’ training comes to CL
- Service announcement for Nov. 22 edition: Ned Marshall
- Death notices for Nov. 22 edition: Gerald Hopsicker, Nobi Akiyama and Westlake Cannon
- Columbia Gorge Hotel turns on its lights Nov. 25
- Betty and Kenny Short celebrate 65 years
- HRVHS Speech and Debate finds tournament success
- Rocket building class Nov. 22
- Business Notes for Nov. 18
- Church News: Interfaith Thanksgiving service Nov. 20 in White Salmon
- Northwest author pens book of hunting stories
Bagpipers perform at Fall Simple Gifts
The Portland Guard pipers prepare and then perform at the Fall Simple Gifts concert at Riverside Church Enlarge