Tuesday, June 25, 2013
A local group, Half the Gorge Sky, is sponsoring a High Tea at the Wilinda Blueberry Patch, 730 Frankton Road, from 3-6 p.m. June 29. There will be traditional English sweets and savories, punch and raffle items, and, of course, tea.
Tickets are $20 for adults, $10 for children. All proceeds go directly to the Kitovu Hospital, Uganda, for fistula repair: a devastating injury that occurs as a result of obstruction in childbirth or rape at an early age.
Tickets are available at Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River and Klindt’s Booksellers in The Dalles.
For more information contact Linda Chamberlain at 801 556-7964 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- History Museum offers chance to ‘step back in time’
- Yesteryears: Hood River County Fair draws record crowds in 1986
- FFA, 4-H livestock auction July 29
- Burn ban? No problem, no smoke, if you have a ‘burn box’
- Friends of Mount Adams guide hikes on Sept. 10
- Gehrig’s Chevron hits 70 year mark
- Sheriff Log, July 17 to 23
- Police Log, June 27 to July 8
- Letters to the Editor for July 27
- Local Impact: United Way helps, 'one person at a time'
Oil train car being transported by truck
A damaged rail car from the June 3, 2016 oil train derailment and fire is transported from the crash site via truck on I84. Enlarge