Tuesday, June 25, 2013
A local group, Half the Gorge Sky, is sponsoring a High Tea at the Wilinda Blueberry Patch, 730 Frankton Road, from 3-6 p.m. June 29. There will be traditional English sweets and savories, punch and raffle items, and, of course, tea.
Tickets are $20 for adults, $10 for children. All proceeds go directly to the Kitovu Hospital, Uganda, for fistula repair: a devastating injury that occurs as a result of obstruction in childbirth or rape at an early age.
Tickets are available at Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River and Klindt’s Booksellers in The Dalles.
For more information contact Linda Chamberlain at 801 556-7964 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- Gratitude goes out for acts of help and hospitality
- Hood River Elks Lodge makes donation to Meals on Wheels
- Police Log, Sept. 28 to Oct. 4
- Public Records, Building Permits, County, September 2015
- Upset! HRV takes down The Dalles, clinches first play-in spot since 2012
- Sports Briefs for Oct. 10
- Quick start propels HRV girls soccer to victory over Hermiston
- Water polo teams poised to make runs at the state title
- Port begins lower Hanel mill ground work
- Letters to the Editor for Oct. 10
Cascade Locks brush fire
Video of a brush fire near downtown Cascade Locks which erupted Aug. 27, 2015. Enlarge