Tuesday, June 25, 2013
A local group, Half the Gorge Sky, is sponsoring a High Tea at the Wilinda Blueberry Patch, 730 Frankton Road, from 3-6 p.m. June 29. There will be traditional English sweets and savories, punch and raffle items, and, of course, tea.
Tickets are $20 for adults, $10 for children. All proceeds go directly to the Kitovu Hospital, Uganda, for fistula repair: a devastating injury that occurs as a result of obstruction in childbirth or rape at an early age.
Tickets are available at Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River and Klindt’s Booksellers in The Dalles.
For more information contact Linda Chamberlain at 801 556-7964 or email@example.com.
More like this story
- Mt. Hood’s Timberline Trail reopens after upgrades
- Unemployment remains low in Hood River, Wasco Counties
- Bluegrass Jamboree celebrates 17 years
- Man drowns in Pine Hollow reservoir
- Discovery Center hosts ‘This Place’ discussion Oct. 8
- High school senior expands book box project
- All About Fall: Your guide to a bountiful, beautiful time in the Gorge
- Young, Wilson married at Griffin House
- Gorge CROP Walk raises $5,000, and counting
- ‘Chaos of the day’ leads to happy end
Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest 2016
Kiteboarders in action during the pro competition Friday at the 16th Annual Bridge of the Gods Kite Fest in Stevenson. All photos by Ben Mitchell. Enlarge