Tuesday, June 25, 2013
A local group, Half the Gorge Sky, is sponsoring a High Tea at the Wilinda Blueberry Patch, 730 Frankton Road, from 3-6 p.m. June 29. There will be traditional English sweets and savories, punch and raffle items, and, of course, tea.
Tickets are $20 for adults, $10 for children. All proceeds go directly to the Kitovu Hospital, Uganda, for fistula repair: a devastating injury that occurs as a result of obstruction in childbirth or rape at an early age.
Tickets are available at Waucoma Bookstore in Hood River and Klindt’s Booksellers in The Dalles.
For more information contact Linda Chamberlain at 801 556-7964 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- After a winless 2014 season, HRV girls team places third at state tournament
- HAHRC BEATS: November is Diabetes Awareness Month
- National Initiative: Mindfulness Center trains ‘Mental Health First Aid’
- Red Cross recommends iron-rich foods prior to blood donation
- Letters to the Editor for Nov. 21
- Pitch and Pool: Kudos for fall success, and a look ahead
- Jim Drake’s Entertainment Blog: Doing what it takes to be the ‘Finest’
- Overlapping ‘Pray for Snow’ parties happen Saturday
- Entertainment Update for Nov. 21
- B Gorge-us Boutique opens, shares space with Gandara
A live hive
A tree containing a live colony of bees blew down in a local family's front yard. Find out what happened next by reading the story here: bit.ly/1MJKdu2. Enlarge